Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading Vray Components Error - Only when opening model certain way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Vray Components Error - Only when opening model certain way.

Hi Everyone,

Long story short i've decided to update Sketchup 22 to 23 and Vray 5 to Vray 6. The update didn't go well and i feel like i've taken a step back by doing it... Since the update when i try to open any project we did in previous versions i get the below error messages. It's not one message but multiple ones popping up every few seconds and the whole model just freezes. Now the weird thing is this doesn't happen when i open a blank sketchup model and then from within that blank model i click File > Open and open the same file that had the error before. If i do it this way i get one error message which i can just click Ok and move forward without issues.

I'm wondering if anyone has or had a similar issue and what the solution was? I obviously don't want to be opening a blank model each time i want to open an older project as it just slows us down.

Post continues under the photo.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1953
Size:	426.7 KB
ID:	1182196

I tried clicking through the error with the Ok for the model to just crash.

Name:	image.png
Views:	1881
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1182197​​

Update, From the screenshot i realized it was opening in 2022. I've changed this up in the default apps to 2023 and this seems to have solved the issue. Now when i open the model directly from the folder it opens without the error message. Then when i open the vray editor it gives me the message to upgrade and it does it without issues so far

Comment

Further Update. After i installed Laubrwerk the issue came back. Whenver i open a model even in 2023 straight from Sketchups folder it starts popping up these error messages.

Name:	image.png
Views:	1694
Size:	467.0 KB
ID:	1182203

Comment

Uninstalling LaubwerkPlantsKitFreebie_1.0.44 solves the issue. The problem is we use Laubwerk for some of our projects so we would prefer a solution for this

Comment

Probably a worthy note. The errors started popping up even if there were no laubwerk plants in the model.

Comment

Hello levente_redecky,

You are correct that the issue is connected to the Laubwerk Extension.

Please see this forum post for more information and possible workarounds.

Hope this helps!
            Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for the quick reply and temporary solution.

I wanted to ask if there is a potential full solution/bug fix underway for this? Assuming this needs to be collaborated with Laubwerk as well.

I guess we can live with the Enable/Disable function for the time being as we predominantly use Cosmos in newer projects, but for older projects we would definitely prefer having laubwerk working.

Regards,

Comment

Hi

Im having the same problem the same legend...Upgradinng vray components.

I use a lot of assets with skatter in heavy scenes...is taking more than 2 hours and i cant begin to try the new vray 6 update 1

From vray 5.1 to vray 6.1 with sketchup 2021...takes a lot of time to open a proyect from one version to another one.

Is this just for the first time???

I hope dont see this anymore

Thanks
                Last edited by luisgamino2; 31-05-2023, 12:08 PM.

Comment

There should be a progress bar so i can know how much time is going to take the upgrading components.

Without the upgrade this file takes 30 min to open with vray 5 and sketchup 2021, with 30 minutes i can work really well with my house, i know it takes some time but i understand is a heavy scene and is normal to take sometime to open like 30 min., but wait for 3 hours is just too much.

But waiting more than 2 hours is too much right now is almost 3 hours and i cant open vray because it says down below initializing vray scene: loading model and sketchup says upgrading vray components.

My main concern...how much more time i have to wait...minutes or hours???

Because i simple dont know and i have to do things as a lot of People.

Thanks.
                  Last edited by luisgamino2; 31-05-2023, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I have been using skatter 1 and skatter 2 for so long time with vray ...And i have observed that if you build a big proyect with really millons of 3d objects like dry leaves for example or some Moss in rocks vray really suffers and freeze

Sometimes takes a lot of time to open a proyect with vray 5

Did you check this with Lindale???

Is really annoying to work hard with heavy scenes and feel this slowdowns.

Takes time and effort

Thanks

Comment

Imposible to work i have been waiting almost 4 hours and vray is still the same upgrading vray components and initializing vray scene: loading model

This loading is taking forever!!!

Sketchup freeze and vray does not open it seems freeze too.

After hours sketchup is not responding i have to turn off the work station.

Something has to be done about this...Third softwares that works with vray with heavy scenes

Thanks

Last edited by luisgamino2; 31-05-2023, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I wrote to Lindale in his skatter forum to see what can we do about that.

Something really strange happened when i did a composition with the option to render without proxy in a garden

I hope i can find a solution to this.

Name:	20230531_231949~2.jpg
Views:	1758
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	1182331After 30 min this happens then i can use vray and sketchup

Last edited by luisgamino2; 31-05-2023, 10:22 PM.

Comment

To levente_redecky
                          I have linked your forum post to internal issue SK-4319 concerning Laubwerk. I will let you know if there is any update about this.
                          Also, as I just wanted to point out that you can enable Laubwerk once the project is updated and saved. The issue only occurs when you are opening older files with newer version for the first time.

To luisgamino2
                          Please kindly note that one Upgrading V-Ray Components message is expected for any scene when migrating from older to newer V-Ray version. levente_redecky had a different issue where multiple Upgrading V-Ray Components messages were popping-up due to the Laubwerk extension.

Upgrading takes time depending on your scene complexity and your hardware.
                          You can send us any of your scenes to test, but it has to be archived with the V-Ray 5 version (Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project tool). If you have such an archive or can provide us with one please upload all your files using this submit request form.​
                          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
                          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                          X