X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray Sketchup colorize tool not working

Hi,

I've just updated my V-ray to the latest version two hours ago. Prior to this, I was working on my rendering with the previous version and everything worked fine. However, as soon as I installed the latest update and got back to rendering, the colorize tool doesn't work. I've already tried purging, restarting my pc, re-installing v-ray but no avail. I even tried to re-apply the materials and tried to use the "colorize" tool but it's still the same color on the VFB. I didn't have any issues with "recoloring" the textures with the "colorize tool" and I've only encountered this issue right now and I don't know what else to do.

Here's a screenshot for your reference.

Thanks

Last edited by ella_reola; 04-06-2023, 08:48 PM.
  • Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 03-08-2023, 06:30 AM.

Hello ella_reola and imon_zachar,

I wanted to let you know that the issue you have reported with the SketchUp colorize tool was resolved.

The fix is a part of V-Ray 6 for SketchUp, update 1.1 that was released today. It can be downloaded here, please update your version.

Thank you again for bringing it to our attention.

Comment

Hello ella_reola

This is the Forum page of V-Ray for Houdini : Issues. Please, make sure you post questions regarding V-Ray for SketchUp in the SketchUp section: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...ketchup-forums

We will move the post to the appropriate Section now.
      Last edited by viktor_angelov; 04-06-2023, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Hello ella_reola,
        Thank you for your post.

We were able to reproduce the issue with the latest 6.10.00 V-Ray for SketchUp update. It is logged as SK-4327 in our internal system and developers are working on the solution. I will post here in your topic once there are any updates regarding this issue.

In the meantime you can use Color Correction or Curve Corrections (Besier or Spline) to edit textures. Due to SketchUp limitations these Utility Textures will not be visible in the viewport, but you can use Interactive render or preview in the V-Ray Asset Editor to be able to see the changes and adjust them accordingly.​
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Sorry for the inconvenience, it's my first time to be in this forum and thank you for the response

Comment

No worries ella_reola! Thank you for reporting the issue and welcome to Chaos Forums!

Comment

Hello, are there any updates on this? It is kind of a big problem for me, because I often need to change my texture color to specifig rgb values which is easily possible through sketchup colorize function. And And also I cant render my old files, because all the colors are changed now to defaults.

Comment

Hello imon_zachar and welcome to the Chaos Forums!
                The fix will be a part of the next release, while I am not able to share any ETA, we will make sure to post here and notify you once it happens.

Comment

Ok, thank you very much!

Comment

Hello ella_reola and imon_zachar,

I wanted to let you know that the issue you have reported with the SketchUp colorize tool was resolved.

The fix is a part of V-Ray 6 for SketchUp, update 1.1 that was released today. It can be downloaded here, please update your version.

Thank you again for bringing it to our attention.

Comment

Working...
                    X