latest Vray version broken again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest Vray version broken again?

Working on projects just fine on the previous version (60002) Clean reinstall of system so decided to use the 61000 release and it just plays up a nightmare on my 4090.

Takes an eternity to do the initial geometry compiling, frozen on denoising and I keep getting the following now:

Error [V-Ray] Exception in CORE: Internal error. Please save and restart as soon as possible!

...should've stayed on 60002 (rolls eyes)

...by creating a new drawing, copying in the main elements and deleting / not copying the comos trees it will at leeast now render the model but my god it takes forever to compile the geometry for what is a pretty sinmple model. This exact same model on exact same hardware used to compile this in seconds. Now it takes several minutes and actual renders it in way less time. Oh and i just noticied caps are on but not retyping it again.

Comment

Hello jason_cafferty,
      Can we please ask for a scene to test on our side as well? If this is alright please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Please make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project tool).

Apart from that please share:
      • If you have also updated your system or drivers.
      • What is the current drivers version installed? Please note that the current recommended drivers version is 531.41.
      • Can you please confirm that you have not made any changes to the scene after upgrading versions? Please recall if possibly you have added or editor any dynamic geometry components (i.e. Fur, Scatter, Enmesh, Displacement etc.)
      • Have you tested any other of your scenes? Do they also take long to compile geometry?
      • Once you have copied your scene to a new file (without some Cosmos Assets) how much memory does this scene require? Memory usage can be tracked during render in the V-Ray Frame Buffer Stats Tab:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Memory_usae.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	663.3 KB
ID:	1183249
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I will have to remove some branding from it but yes I can do that when I get a moment.
        No I haven't changed anything...by choice. Unfortunately the latest version forces any projects from the previous one to be "updated"
        Seems to spend an eternity dealing with the Chaos Trees now, just spends ages faffing now before the rendering even starts whereas before it got on with it pretty quickly.
        Only "issue" I could flag on my side is obviousdly OI downloaded the latest Nvidia Studio Driver when reinstalling everything and you are behind that.

Comment

I must ask, is it possible to reinstall the last version and downgrade because i hate the new one, it's so unstable. Get a bug splat nearly every time you quit out because it's taking so long to do anything. Cpu render seems fine but who wants to use that!?

Comment

Hello jason_cafferty,

I would like to ask you to confirm one thing about the scenes that crash. Do you have Decals in these scenes?

Get a bug splat nearly every time you quit out because it's taking so long to do anything. Cpu render seems fine
            We are currently investigating similar reports and if you do have Decals in the scene please check:
            • If disabling Decals allows the scene to render without issues.
            • If disabling Displacement globally (while Decals are enabled) also does not crash.
            • What geometry are Decals projected onto?
            If possible please share your scene for us to take a look. Please use this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. To archive your scene use the Pack Project tool (Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project tool).

I must ask, is it possible to reinstall the last version and downgrade because i hate the new one, it's so unstable.
            You can download previous V-Ray versions here by selecting the corresponding host platform version and cheking Show all versions. Nonetheless, please be aware that once you have upgraded your scene with the latest version you will not be able to open V-Ray data in previous versions, because V-Ray is not backward compatible.

It would be best if we could determine the source of the issue and find a further solution.

Comment

Thank you jason_cafferty for joining the discussion here and confirming that in your case the issue was related to Decals as well.

Comment

Working...
              X