Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 6 for Sketchup - bugsplat

Hello everyone.
    I use vray 6 for sketchup 2021. On June 28 I made some renders for a client and everything worked normally, fast and well despite being a large exterior model. A few days later make some slight modifications (touch the settings) and it turns out that it throws me an incomprehensible bugsplat. I already tried turning on the lights in one go, and with the most significant textures. Everything seems to go well with the material override but turning on the textures closes everything when the render starts.

I have already updated chaos cosmos, reinstalled vray, and repaired sketchup but the problem continues.
    Purge the textures and try to piecemeal the model to a new file.
    I also tried other models with similar characteristics and where everything worked and there is the same error. Something makes me think of problems beyond the model itself, but with the PC or the programs.

My machine:
    i7 9700
    32gb ram
    nvidia gforce 1030​​

ty

Hello dario_valdez,
    Welcome to the Chaos Forums!

Can you recall any changes (like updates) before the crashes started to occur? In any case I would like to ask you to share in order to investigate the following:
    • Exact V-Ray version currently installed? (You can check it in the Extensions>V-Ray>Help>About V-Ray tab)
    • Does it crash when you start rendering?
    • Are you rendering with a CPU render engine? Please run a V-Ray Benchmark and share your score. Also in terms of memory please share how much Available physical memory you have. It can be checked in the System Information tab (example).
    • Do you by any chance have Decal in your scene?
    If possible I would like to test one of your scenes that crashes in our environment. If this is alright with you, please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket. Make sure to archive it with the Pack Project tool (Extensions>V-Ray>Pack Project tool).​
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

​Hello Natalia. thanks for answering.

-I can't remember that there was a change or update in this week that the problems arose. I must mention that the problem was detected in more than one file, which previously worked very well.
      -My vray version is:
      Vray for sketchup 6.00.03
      Vray Core 6.0021
      Vray neUI 5.02
      - The error usually occurs while the light cache is being built
      - my graphics card is poor. nvidia gforce 1030. That's why I always use CPU rendering.

- I don't have decals used on the model
      - I will send the file so you can try it.
      - I can't start vray benchmark, attached error file​ log.txt
      - Available physical memory: Attached image

Click image for larger version

Name:	memoria fisica.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	1185811
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello dario_valdez,

Can you please check V-Ray Benchmark once more and make sure to click on the V-Ray (which is for the CPU test). Does it give you an error? If you are able to run it please share the score.

Also it is possible that there are some issues with your hardware, please see this article for suggestions on what can be checked (like other Benchmarks and temperatures).

Apart from that you can try to reinstall V-Ray following these steps:
        • Close SketchUp and all V-Ray Neui processes from Task Manager if needed.
        • Go to Windows Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > V-Ray for SketchUp or C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for SketchUp\uninstall\Uninstall.Ink.
        • This starts the V-Ray uninstaller. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove V-Ray from your system and restore any files overwritten by the installation.
        • After the uninstallation is completed you can check C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for SketchUp and %AppData%\Chaos Group\V-Ray for SketchUp for any leftover files. (%AppData% is accessed like this: copy it in the path and hit Enter)
        • Download either the 6.00.03 build you are currently using or upgrade to the latest 6.10.00 version.
        In any case it would be useful if we could check your scene as well.

Comment

This ticket includes a secure attachment. Use this link to access the attached files:
          https://upload.chaos.com/receive/?th...1jTL0020R048TI Oouvfq3rd8#keyCode=s_MZWKh_EzKZB_4TGzuImMNPYPtNnmk b0_onZNvGAAg​

Comment

Thank you dario_valdez for opening a ticket and sending us your scene. We will check it and get back to you in a ticket soon. In the meantime let us know if you have managed to test V-Ray Benchmark for CPU.​

Comment

Thank you natalia.gruzdova .i will try to test the cpu- ty

Comment

Try running vray benchmark again as administrator and clicking on vray. But after a moment it throws me the following error:​

[benchmark] got args:
                [benchmark] These devices are disabled, because they don't meet the device requirements (2048MB RAM):
                [benchmark] NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2047MB
                [info] 74 plugin(s) loaded successfully
                [info] Finished loading plugins.
                [info] Loading plugins from "C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp\V-Ray Benchmark\resources\app\bin/plugins/vray_*.dll"
                [warning] Couldn't get information about hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
                [benchmark] V-Ray Benchmark 5.02.01 [c603de540ac4ba99ea6fd563fac59a05c94430e0]
                [benchmark] Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                [benchmark] V-Ray 5.00.20 [fe244a33]
                [benchmark] NVIDIA driver: 536.40
                [benchmark] [0]: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz

[benchmark] C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Chaos/benchmark.refresh: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
                [benchmark] Started V-Ray Benchmark 5.02.01
                [benchmark] Getting setup
                [benchmark] Opening status socket
                [benchmark] Status socket opened
                [benchmark] Opening image socket
                [benchmark] Image socket opened
                [benchmark] Starting a render
                [benchmark] Starting a V-Ray render
                The impossible has happened: Idle
                [benchmark] Scenes have been changed!
                [benchmark] FatalError "Scenes have been changed!"
                [benchmark] The impossible has happened: Idle

I'm not lucky​​

Comment

Thanks for trying it out again dario_valdez,
                  Regarding Benchmark please try suggested in this thread.

The Scenes have been changed! error in most of the cases means that either there isn't enough space on the disk, or the scenes literally have been changed, while the application was still running.
                  You might try closing the application, removing the directory %TEMP%/V-Ray Benchmark, and running the application again, although if there really isn't enough space on the disk, that won't help.
                  Also please share much free space you have on the disk, where %TEMP% is located? (Temp folder can be accessed by typing %TEMP% and pressing Enter: example)

Apart from that I have tested your scene and it renders without any issues on my side taking approximately 14GB of RAM. I will share more details about the ticket.

Comment

Hello, how are you all? Well, I'll tell you that I took my PC to technical service so they can check its performance and the state of its components, they told me that everything is fine, it has no cooling problems and the ram works, the processor is also flawless.
                    Also ruled out that there are problems with the textures or components of the models, just as Natalia, i tried to render on another computer of similar power and I did it without problem.
                    So the only thing left for me to do, although I didn't want to, is to uninstall Vray and Sketchup 2021 to test if it's a mess with the program. I'll tell you the results later.​

Comment

I have tried uninstalling vray and sketchup 2023, the error persists despite that. I was able to collect the following error files given by the bugsplat application at the time of shutdown. Could you analyze them to see if you understand the failure?

I also installed updated drivers for the video card but I don't understand what is happening.​

Comment

i can,t upload the log file, i will save in this drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=drive_link

By the way, I managed to run vray benchmark and the score returned was 5800​

Comment

Good evening, I come here to tell you that I finally managed to fix the problem. having retried to reinstall all possible software, sktechup, 2021, sketchup 2023, vray 6.1, vray 5.2 could not be fixed. then it occurred to me that it could be an error in windows, since it could have been updated without me noticing and that could have caused an error. then proceeded to restore windows 10 'completely. After that I installed Sketchup, vray 6 and tried the files and it finally worked!!
                          I hope this helps to discover what was the real reason for the error.

thank you.​

Comment

Hello dario_valdez,
                            I finally managed to fix the problem. having retried to reinstall all possible software, sktechup, 2021, sketchup 2023, vray 6.1, vray 5.2 could not be fixed. then it occurred to me that it could be an error in windows, since it could have been updated without me noticing and that could have caused an error. then proceeded to restore windows 10 'completely. After that I installed Sketchup, vray 6 and tried the files and it finally worked!!
                            Thank you for letting us know that reinstallation of Windows helped in your case!

Well, I'll tell you that I took my PC to technical service so they can check its performance and the state of its components, they told me that everything is fine, it has no cooling problems and the ram works, the processor is also flawless.
                            Good to know, also your V-Ray Benchmark score of 5800 vsamples confirms that your i7-9700 CPU is working as it should.

Comment

Working...
                            X