This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNG image on a wall

Good morning everyone, i have this issue, from a student file, that in the moment when i apply a png image on a wall a black square appears in the render.
    I can easly resolve distancing it for a very short distance, but i cannot figure out why if i apply direclty on the wall the black square shows.
    Thanks for the attention

Click image for larger version

Name:	prova_dist_0,01mm.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1189466Click image for larger version

Name:	prova_dist_0,00mm.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1189467
  • Answer selected by natalia.gruzdova at 29-08-2023, 03:38 AM.

Hello damiano_corradini,
    Thank you for the examples.

Perhaps your issue is similar to what has been discussed in this thread. Make sure that material is applied to all faces, for example by applying material from V-Ray Asset Editor by right-clicking on material > Apply to Selection as I have shared in this post.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Apply_material.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	1189476

You may need to remove the material from all faces before applying it again to make it work correctly, you can use a Remove material tool from V-Ray toolbar:

Name:	Remove_material_SK.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1189478

Comment

Hello damiano_corradini,
      Thank you for the examples.

Perhaps your issue is similar to what has been discussed in this thread. Make sure that material is applied to all faces, for example by applying material from V-Ray Asset Editor by right-clicking on material > Apply to Selection as I have shared in this post.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Apply_material.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	1189476

You may need to remove the material from all faces before applying it again to make it work correctly, you can use a Remove material tool from V-Ray toolbar:

Name:	Remove_material_SK.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1189478
      Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello Natalia, thanks for the reply, i just tryied end it worked, but first i had to remove the material as you suggested. I will try with the decals also, as i've seen in the other topic.
        Thanks again, goodbye

Comment

Great, thank you for letting me know that it helped! Should you need our assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X