Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird white seams in materials with falloff

Hi,

I upgraded from Vray 5 and Sketchup 2019 to Vray 6 and Sketchup 2023.
    Clean Windows install.
    Celan Sketchup and vray install.

Some fabrics materials I created previously are presenting problems. This materials have a falloff map in diffuse, with a bitmap of a fabric and the same bitmap fabric wrapped in color correction slightly lightened. They also have the same fabric bitmpap wrapped in color correction in bump to get some texture.

In the sketchup viewport they appear with white seams.
    In the material preview sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. The ones that do, have lost the diffuse bitmap but not the bump bitmap.
    The ones that render incorrectly (as far as i know) are models imported with the materials already applied, that previously rendered correctly.

I daily render furniture with textiles, and I have created a large library of materials that worked properly in the previous versions.
    What can I do for you to help you fix this bug?
    Attached Files

Hi again.

I made an experiment. Made a new fabric material with falloff. Applied it to a group and it rendered correctly.

Converted that group to a component. Rendered again and did it correctly.
    Saved that component to the desktop and erased every trace of that component but didnt erase the material. Imported the component. It rendered correctly.
    Erased the component, erased the material, purged all unused assets. Imported the component again. It rendered incorrectly and the material in the asset editor had the diffuse bitmap empty. The bump map was present.

I guess the file path of the diffuse texture is lost when the material imported is a diffuse falloff and defaults to the texture with the weird "texture,jpg" texture with white seams vray/sketchup creates when a material has a fallof diffuse texture.

The worse problem is materials rendering incorrectly, but fixing the white seam in the sektchup viewport would be great too.

Comment

Hello estraulino,

Thank you for your report.

The problem you are describing is unfortunately a known issue in V-Ray 6.20.00 under macOS. It should be fixed in the latest hotfix - V-Ray 6.20.01 (link to download - https://download.chaos.com/?license_...285&product=47).

The issue about procedural texture networks being changed to a bitmap texture named "Texture.jpg" comes from our texture handling logic when texture baking is enabled (displaying procedural texture network in the viewport by "baking" the result into an image file). In 6.20.01 we introduced a "Bake" Texture Mode in the material Binding, which enables the viewport preview of procedural textures. This mode is not selected by default.

The white seams in the viewport preview of the material with Falloff texture you are describing seem to be a result of the texture baking. Please note that Ray-traced textures (like Falloff) are not supported in the viewport preview and there is no need to use the "Bake" mode with these materials in 6.20.01.

Please let me know which is the V-Ray version you are using and if the issues are resolved with 6.20.01.

Kind regards,
      Iva
      Iva Mancheva
      V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X