Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering (Vray) creates unexpected pixelated images

Hi all,

After many months passing I still see a lot of problems and inconsistencies with Distributed Rendering in Vray(01.05.03) for SU6.

I registered certain shortcomings:

1. When i work with 1 slave it will contribute inconsisted and different rendered pixels to the common rendering. some pixels will miss maps and others will contain colour shifts.

2. When working with 2 slaves, each machine seems to have its own interpretation of a certain material, for example grass. Pixel 1 (workstation1) will represent a light green tone, pixel 2 (workstation2) might hit a darker tone and pixel 3 (workstation3) will not represent a mapping at all.

Am I to put my maps in every slave machine?

ANY help, or sharing of experiences from others will be extremely helpful and I will greatly appreciate it.

Moritz Prophet
    Germany

Re: Distributed Rendering (Vray) creates unexpected pixelated images

I noted last week that when I used DMC I got some colour/light variations in some of the buckets.
    Unusually I just use IR + LC and then I never see this. I've been meaning to do more tests on this, but haven't had time.
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Thanks for your kind and quick response, although i am not quite sure what you were advising me to do.

You were suggesting that i should use a different configuration in the options window?
      as to say: dont use DMC but IR + LC !?!?!?

How and where exactly would i do that?

My thanks in advance....

Ciao
      Moritz Prophet

Comment

I had the same problem, what we did is set up a network and make sure the models and all the materials were saved on the network, so every slave is taking from the same location. When we copied the maps and all corisponding files to the machines, the results were better, but we were still getting a lot of inconsistencies.
        - Doweth!

Comment

The first thing is to make sure that all of the slaves are from the same build as the version of VfSU that you're running. The spawner is not just a component that allows us to use an extra cpu, its basically like a separate instance of VRay. So it has its own procedures that need to be up to date and current. If that is the case, then send us the scenes with as much information as you can about your setup. We use DR here a lot in the office and aren't seeing those same issues. If you can send us a scene, and we can reproduce it here, then its got a significantly better chance at being fixed.
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

i THINK I HAVE FIGURED THIS 1 OUT.

I had this happen to me last week, and i think it may stems from editing materials in skecthup rather than in the vray editor. I just deleted the affected materials in sketchup, and made new ones with the same settings and it worked fine.

I think my troubles came form adjusting the transparencies and colours of materials when i was working in sketchUP.

any thoughts??

Mine is fine now thou

Comment

Working...
            X