Emissive transparency bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emissive transparency bug?

I'm trying to set up a fireplace flame texture and having no luck. I still see the rest of the texture as a glaring white light even after using a transparency mask in the emissive layer. I have no problem making the background transparent when it is just the diffuse layer. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Am I missing something basic?

I think I have it sorted now, the alpha map has to go in the multiplier slot?

Comment

i am having same problem... what do you mean by alpha map has to go in multiplier slot... elaborate it please.
      Sketchup 8.0.16846, Vray 1.50.22 build 04022013, Core i5 760 3.00 Ghz. (overclocked), 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 SP1 X64

Comment

When you add an emissive layer to your material, there should be 3 "slots" or areas which you can manipulate: color, transparency, and multiplier. They should each have a little "m" next to them which brings up the vray texture editor, putting the alpha in the one next to the "multiplier" seemed to work for me.

Comment

If you have a reflection layer above or below the emissive layer, then you will have to add the alpha mapping into the reflection layer as well. Otherwise, you will get reflection everywhere even on the areas that should be transparency.

Comment

Working...
          X