WibuKey dongle not working in Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WibuKey dongle not working in Windows 8

Background: I've been using 2 WibuKey Dongles on 2 PCs on my home network for over a year without any problems.

Problem: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 8 installed and no matter what I try I can't get VfSU to start on that machine with a dongle installed locally in a USB port. When I start SU I get the "Unable to checkout V-Ray GUI license" warning.

The really weird thing is that the dongle shows up in WibuKey's Server Monitor. I swapped dongles and the Server Monitor detects and displays the correct serial number depending on which dongle is installed so everything SHOULD work as it should. I've also tried all four USB ports in case it was a port problem, but the result is the same.

I tried manually starting the V-Ray License Server, but I just get the message "Can not start VRLService application due to another instance running".

I also updated the WibuKey drivers (which fixed an earlier problem with a non-running WibuKey service), but V-Ray still won't run in SU.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    /Jackson
    SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

kind of a long shot, but is IPV6 enabled, and can you disable it? In any case, sounds like some network problem. Probably want to send an email to support, this vfs forum's got tumbleweeds blowing through it

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply- I tried disabling IPV6, but it didn't help unfortunately. I'll shoot off an email to support about this. It's weird that the VfSU forums are so dead these days- has everybody learned everything? I guess there must be another VfSU forum somewhere which is very active right now, maybe Sketchucation.

Regards,
      Jackson
      SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

nah, sketchucation seems very slow as well. Yeah, all the questions there are to ask have been asked
        I haven't really looked around at all, there may be other active forums for vfs. Wonder if Nomeradona's got any sites that are active.

Andy

Comment

I was having the same problem with the dongle on USB 3.0 ports. Have you tryed pluging on USB 2.0?

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but I don't have any USB 2.0 ports on my laptop to test. I did wonder if it could be a USB 3.0 incompatibility problem (maybe it is?), but as the correct dongle serial number is displayed in WibuKey's Server Monitor it seems like the USB and WibuKey side of the licensing system is working ok and that the problem lies in VfSU's license server. I'll see if I can dig out a USB 2.0 hub and connect via that see it it helps.

...and to think I was already very critical of hardware key/dongle licensing systems before all these headaches!!!

Thanks anyway,
            /Jackson
            SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

Hi Guys, If you have not doen so already, please contact support@chaosgroup.com with these dongle questions they can help you out with it. I have a feeling its a Wibu update/dongle issue.
              Best,
              Ted Vitale
              V-Ray for SketchUp
              Product Manager | V-Ray SketchUp

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X