No announcement yet.

Creating realistic long hair fur in V-Ray Next for Sketchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

map should be loaded with gamma 1 (linear in su Im guessing - this is value not colour)
    turn off all the variance to see the result clearly
    and it looks to me that the map is way to small, make it bigger. one “cell” should be 2-4cm diameter.
    also get the map from wetransfer link. bit different.
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Comment

We are getting a bit closer but still very far away...

I was testing your map which i downloaded from wetransfer in in sceen space, linear and custom value of gamma 1.

I adjusted the texture placement size to 0,001, that´s the smallest value what´s possible, otherwise it jumps to 0.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Fur_Render_new_V2.png
Views:	331
Size:	778.2 KB
ID:	1089261

Comment

definitely mapping issue. can you show how the map looks on the sphere, jus as a diffuse colour, no fur.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

Originally posted by slavcho.brusev View Post
          Note: a material with a bitmap in the Diffuse slot should be added to the geometry under the Fur. This is required for correct mapping of the Fur.
          maybe this is relevant in your case.
          Marcin Piotrowski
          youtube

Comment

Indeed!

I did a quick try yesterday by applying the map to the sphere and I received a proper result. I just didn't have time yet to upload the outcome.

So in fact, I just can use this methode, if the fur is on such high density, that i'm not able to see the surface underneath.

But it was definitly solving the problem!

But it was not solving the problem how f. E. I'm able to create a map like yours.

In reality it's a normal map, so I could use f. E. Shadermap to create such normal maps out of texture maps and see by try and error how they behave with fur..

Anyway piotrus3333 - Thanks a Million!! for spending your time in your support and help to solve this Problem! I really appreciate that a lot and I will keep you updated with the result upcoming week.

Comment

exactly like normal maps. this one was created from Cellular map from 3dsMax (with VRayBump2Normal node)
              grayscale height map first and than use one of many available tools to get a normal map from it.

edit: Im guessing it just needs some texture mapped to it, not specifically one of the maps used for VRayFur
              Last edited by piotrus3333; 24-10-2020, 01:33 AM.
              Marcin Piotrowski
              youtube

Comment

Ah, i see, it´s just that some mapping is appearing on the geometry. i will give this a try as well!

There is no way to create normal maps out of bump maps in V-Ray for Sketchup as it is not node based like in 3DS.

So i need to find a way to create normal maps in other programs.

Comment

So this is the result and it just works if a material is assigned to the object, does not need to be the map which i used in the bend direction map slot.

The bend direction map has to be assigned in a "Tri-Planar" Function and has to be assigned as "Screen Space" Color Space.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fur_Settings_Final_01.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1089570Click image for larger version

Name:	Fur_Settings_Final_02.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1089569Click image for larger version

Name:	Fur_Settings_Final_03.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	117.0 KB