Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 5 | Multiple V-Ray Fur Assets assigned to a single object

Hi!

In V-Ray Next it worked, that i was able to create special grass presets with V-Ray Fur by assigning f.E. 3 different Fur assets to a single group.

That´s not possible anymore or did you change the workflow?

Cheers - Walter

Hi LionHeart1985

Kindly note that applying multiple special object modifiers, such as V-Ray Fur, has been disallowed in V-Ray 5 for SketchUp!
    The previous implementation exposed some flaws and has been the reason for this change. Issue was brought up HERE

Regardless, the dev team is looking into implementing elegant solutions to handle applying multiple modifiers to a single object (VAEC - 179) and hopefully they will be introduced in a future update.

Comment

georgi.georgiev

Thanks for your reply.

So that means that my grass presets i was creating in V-Ray Next for exterior renderings are useless from now on...

Oh dear...

Comment

LionHeart1985

Could you please describe how these presets are saved. .VRMAT files of the V-Ray Fur assets should work as expected, since the change only affects single group/component not being able to have more than one modifier.

Additionally, you could save the geometry with the multiple Fur modifiers applied in V-Ray Next as a proxy scene (.vrscene file) and they should render as expected in V-Ray 5 once imported.

Comment

I was creating for example a grass combination which is called "Grass Medium 1"

This Grass Combination "Grass Medium 1" is assembled of 3 different *.vrmat files. All 3 files have different attributes, different densities, textures and so on.

With V-Ray Next, i was putting all 3 *vrmat files onto the group where i wanted to apply the grass to archive a realistic randomness.

Now, i´m just able to assign one of those 3 *.vrmat files onto the group.

Comment

I'm glad this was clarified as I was going crazy wondering why this was occurring to me.

I work in playground design and being able to assign multiple colours to grass strands easily was a big boon for me, now things look a bit flat...

C'est la vie, hopefully the new system gets incorporated soon!

Comment

Wow, I didn't even know you could do that! What about overlapping multiple copies of the geometry & applying each fur to the different copies of the geometry? Obviously, it's more work, but would the end result be the same?

Comment

And super fiddly! SketchUp's selection tools drive me bonkers.

Good idea though! Will give it a try, ta

Comment

I used a few years ago multiple geometry on top of each other and it worked nice.. You can check out my tutorial video, usage of maps are also can be very useful..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64tkbUunFXo

Comment

Hi guys,

Allowing multiple Fur assignment to a single group or component will be enabled once again once we think of a good way to do it.
                    You are all right - the workflow totally makes sense and should be allowed.

Konstantin

Comment

Logged as SK-3225

Comment

Hello,

I would like to inform you that adding multiple special objects to a single group/component will be implemented in the next major update.

Kind regards,
                        Iva
                        Iva Mancheva
                        V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
                        www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by iva_mancheva View Post
                          Hello,

I would like to inform you that adding multiple special objects to a single group/component will be implemented in the next major update.

Kind regards,
                          Iva
                          Thank you.. Finally we can add a few scatter geometry to a surface.. One for grass one for trees, one for other geometries, rock etc..

Comment

Hi kenancakir ,

You can add multiple Scatter Guests to one Host geometry and adjust different Probability values for each of them. You can check the example in the Docs - https://docs.chaos.com/display/VSKETCHUP/Scatter.

Kind regards,
                            Iva
                            Iva Mancheva
                            V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
                            www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by iva_mancheva View Post
                              Hi kenancakir ,

You can add multiple Scatter Guests to one Host geometry and adjust different Probability values for each of them. You can check the example in the Docs - https://docs.chaos.com/display/VSKETCHUP/Scatter.

Kind regards,
                              Iva
                              Hi, thank you, i know that, but grass settings are different from trees settings, i can only change probability values on each guest objects.

Comment

Working...
                              X