Adjusting a wood grain texture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting a wood grain texture?

Hello, I am attaching a pic of a rendering I am working on and I want to be able to make the wood grain more pronounced? What is the best way to achieve this? I am very new to Vray so any help would be appreciated!!

thank you!

Jay

Attached Files

This is a viewport grab, so we'd need to know what you want it to look like in the final render, plus an example of what it looks like right now, when rendered
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me! I have attached a render using the Learn Vray bucket render settings. I will be changing the bedding soon. The wood texture is from polligon and I just added a reflection coat as well. I know there is sooooo much more I am missing as I am so knew to Vray but, trying to learn slowly! You guys have always been such a great help!

Thank you

Jay
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jay Shockey,

I want to be able to make the wood grain more pronounced
        Can you describe what you're after in more details?
        The standard workflow for creating natural looking wood would be to use textures in the Diffuse, Reflections, Glossiness and Bump slots.
        This will make the material more realistic and the wood texture should start looking more defined.
        You can check the built-in material library examples from the Wood folder.

If on the other hand you just want to increase the contrast of the texture you can right click on the texture slot, select Wrap In, and choose a color correction map (one of Color Correction, Spline or Bezier Curve).
        Then, use the correction map to correct the texture.

Also note that using the Coat layer in a material is not necessary for such materials.
        You can just use the standard Reflection layer instead.

​​​​​​​Konstantin

​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
        X