Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Long Render Time

Hi,

I'm facing really long render times for a simple scene. I'm not exactly sure why but I did notice the attached comment in the bottom of the VFB.

Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

My system spec is as follows
    32 gb RAM
    RTX 2060
    1tb SSD
    Ryzen 5

I have also attached the file in this post in case you would like to check.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...CC?usp=sharing
    Attached Files

Attaching some more screenshots. I tried both CUDA and RTX but with no luck.

It's really frustrating to wait a long time for a simple render scene.

I also cleared all additional geometries, lights and more. But the render time hasn't improved a bit.
    Attached Files

Comment

It took me more than an hour to render this scene.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi manishpaul_simon

Regarding the warning you're seeing, this has been discussed here. It is intended only for developers - it appears on heavier scenes that tightly occupy GPU memory and means we would've liked to have a bit extra memory. It shouldn't worry you.
        I've noticed that you are using Full-size textures, maybe changing GPU Memory Management to On-demand mipmapping would prove helpful. See here: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...moryManagement

Regarding the long render times, I checked the project file you shared and it looks like this is due to the render setup.

Keep in mind that if you are using high-res textures and high quality setup, it would be expected for render times to get longer.
        That being said, we've prepared a great article on the subject - Render Settings Explained - Quality vs Render Time, which you can check out and see what fits you best.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Thanks a ton nikoleta.garkova

I have improved my render time dramatically and I think I'm going to make a youtube video for this so that it helps others as well.

Comment

Great to hear!
            Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X