rollback updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rollback updates

whats the smoothest way to rollback an update ? I just installed the new version of vray today (5, update 1.1) and everything has gone to hell as a result. Its constantly freezing up.
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Fixing this was easy - i just reinstalled the previous version of VRAY and its stopped crashing immediately. My advice - dont install the new update !!
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

What kind of problems did You find leotchest, are You using vray or vray gpu
      thanks in advance

Comment

i use cuda (gpu & cpu). after i updated, it started crashing if i tried to render. no messages from vray. it seemed very unstable in that sense.

Comment

You are right!!! there are problems look at this vray edge textures in the wall...

Comment

I use vray gpu with rtx, i already rendered the scene with update 1 and there is no problem, vray 5.1 hotfix 1 doesnt work as You expect
            Last edited by luisgamino2; 24-03-2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Also it's slower than the preview one, vray 5.1

Comment

Hi guys,

Originally posted by leotchest
                whats the smoothest way to rollback an update ? I just installed the new version of vray today (5, update 1.1) and everything has gone to hell as a result. Its constantly freezing up.
                Does this happen in a new scene or only in specific projects?
                Can you share the model so that we can test on our side?

Originally posted by luisgamino2
                You are right!!! there are problems look at this vray edge textures in the wall...
                Can you describe this issue in more details?
                Sharing a scene would also help.

I use vray gpu with rtx, i already rendered the scene with update 1 and there is no problem, vray 5.1 hotfix 1 doesnt work as You expect
                I'm assuming this is referring to the previous issue - the one from the screenshot.

Also it's slower than the preview one, vray 5.1.
                Once again sharing the model you've used for testing will help a great deal.

Thank you both for reporting these issues right away!
                And I'm sorry for your negative experience.
                We'll do our best to determine the cause and resolve all issues.

Regards,
                Konstantin

Comment

I only tried using the new version for about 10 minutes - because of work i dont have any spare time to experiment with it. My guess is that there is no real problem and that if I reinstall again it will probably be OK I'll try it again in a few days time

Comment

Hi leotchest,

I think I was able to reproduce the 'freezing'.
                    We will investigate what's causing it and fix it ASAP.

In the meantime you can still share the model that's causing trouble - I want to make sure that any potential fix we introduce will resolve you issue too.

It'll also help if you can open the Progress Window and share error and warning messages printed there.
                    This is what I was getting for example:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	GPUissue_02.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	1108544

Konstantin
                    Last edited by konstantin_chaos; 25-03-2021, 12:35 AM.

Comment

It seems the minimum requirement for the GPU driver version has been bumped in V-Ray Core.
                      I just updated to 461.92 and both the CUDA nd RTX modes work as expected.

I hope this resolves the issue for you too.

Konstantin

Comment

Ok, so I double checked with the GPU team and it seems that the recommended driver version is 461.09
                        Newer versions might still cause trouble.
                        It still seems that for me 461.92 works fine.

Comment

konstantin_chaos I'm on 461.92 & updated to Vray Rhino 5.10.02 3/24/21.

Vray froze when rendering from asset editor.

If I open VFB & render it pauses, screen flashes, then renders.
                          both above as RTX mode

Glenn
                          https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...crashing/page2

Rhino 7 SR4 2021-3-19 (Rhino 7, 7.4.21078.01001, Git hash:master @ a432d22ab7f0f7b53d157d578278070c8bf6eff4)
                          License type: Commercial, build 2021-03-19
                          License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 10.0.19042 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)

Computer platform: DESKTOP

Standard graphics configuration.
                          Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 3-10-2021 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 461.92
                          > Accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
                          - Windows Main Display attached to adapter port #0

OpenGL Settings
                          Safe mode: Off
                          Use accelerated hardware modes: On
                          Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
                          Mip Map Filtering: Linear
                          Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
                          Render version: 4.6
                          Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
                          Driver Date: 3-10-2021
                          Driver Version: 27.21.14.6192
                          Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
                          Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
                          Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
                          Total Video Memory: 8 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
                          C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\V7\VRayForRhino.rhp "V-Ray for Rhino"

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp "Commands" 7.4.21078.1001
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp "Renderer Development Kit"
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp "Rhino Render" 7.4.21078.1001
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp "Legacy Rhino Render"
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp "RDK_EtoUI" 7.4.21078.1001
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp "Renderer Development Kit UI"
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp "Snapshots"
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp "RhinoCycles" 7.4.21078.1001
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp "Toolbars" 7.4.21078.1001
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp "3Dconnexion 3D Mouse"
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp "Displacement"
                          C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Calc.rhp "Calc"

Comment

Hi Konstantin

My English is not good enough but i'm going to try to explain You... When i create a wall i use vray edges texture in bump map and before this realease this works ok but with the new hotfix it seems broken it looks like half segment with round corner and the other half segment with Sharp edge, almost a combination of both, and this is not normal behavior, i can't send You the scene because it's a special proyect that it's building in these days thats why i have to keep private, as My experience with vray gpu (rtx) it works well with small scenes but when You have a heavy scene some times vray gpu can crash, buckets get stuck, diferent times in rendering, and diferent memory usage, sometimes 9 gbs or sometimes 10 gbs of vram, i didnt try other stuff with the new hotfix because My Main goal it's rendering at high Quality
                            Last edited by luisgamino2; 25-03-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I'm using studio driver 461.09 with 2 2080ti in rtx mode with nvlink

Comment

Working...
                              X