LightMix with Chaos Cloud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LightMix with Chaos Cloud?

Does the LightMix render element work with Chaos Cloud Renderings? I rendered an image on the cloud, and then imported the .exr file into the frame buffer, but there's no LightMix option. Thanks

Hi wes_tran

First, make sure you've selected the LightMix render element, and also enable the Multichannel option from the Save Image > Image Options in the V-Ray Asset Editor. Once the EXR is finished, you can load it into the VFB, call up the Light Mix render element, and make your adjustments.

If that's not working for you, can you please provide more details and example screenshots/recordings demonstrating the issue. You might also share the Cloud job ID along, or pack your project via Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project and forward it through our contact form (make sure to mention this thread in the email). Thanks!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by nikoleta.garkova View Post
      Hi wes_tran

First, make sure you've selected the LightMix render element, and also enable the Multichannel option from the Save Image > Image Options in the V-Ray Asset Editor. Once the EXR is finished, you can load it into the VFB, call up the Light Mix render element, and make your adjustments.

If that's not working for you, can you please provide more details and example screenshots/recordings demonstrating the issue. You might also share the Cloud job ID along, or pack your project via Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project and forward it through our contact form (make sure to mention this thread in the email). Thanks!
      Hi I have the same exact question. May I ask if you can be more specific please? Where the above settings are accesible from? I guess these should be set before the file is sent to the cloud? so I reckon through the render setup menu?

Thanks

Comment

Hey DimiMala,

I was referring to the V-Ray Asset Editor (in SketchUp) options. Assuming you're using 3ds max, you should again add the Light Mix render element from the Render Settings dialog > Render Elements > VRayLightMix - see attached screenshot. Once you submit to Chaos Cloud and the rendering is finished, you will be able to download a zip file with all the output files - you can load back the .exr image in the VFB, go to the Source:RGB layer and switch to LightMix so you could adjust your lights.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2021-07-21_14-54-05.png Views:	0 Size:	30.1 KB ID:	1120157
        Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 21-07-2021, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,
          Thanks for coming back to me. Yes I am using 3d max. What you have discribed above is what I do basically, but when I open the downloaded EXR file on VFB I can't see the LightMix layer as usual. Do I miss something?
          VFB and Render Elements settings screenshots attached

Thank you in advance

Comment

If you click on the Source:RGB layer (last one) in the VFB, you should be able to switch to Source:LightMix afterwards and do your adjustments.

Comment

Oh!
              That's great thank you very much!

Comment

Can you explain it further for V-ray for Sketchup? I can see no box where I could check the Multichannel option on. Only File Path and File Type under Save Image section.

Comment

Hello Areczan,

When submitting a scene from V-Ray for SketchUp to Chaos Cloud, all you need to do is to add the Light Mix render element before submitting the job. Then, you can submit the job, and once it is done, load the .exr file into the VFB. You will have the Light Mix render element and will be able to make your adjustments. Keep in mind that in the Layers tab, you might need to switch the Source from RGB to LightMix as shown here. I hope this is of help.
                  Aleksandar Kasabov
                  chaos.com

Comment

Hi aleksandar.kasabov ​

Config:
                    Sketchup pro 2023 23.0.367 64 bits
                    Vray for Sketchup 6.00.02
                    Vray Core 6.00.21
                    Vray NeUI 5.0.2
                    Vray AppSDK 4.00.00

Problem:
                    I've submitted a Vray scene to chaos cloud with an added Light Mix as you suggested with the actual render output parameters.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture d’écran 2023-02-26 144927.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	1174170Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture d’écran 2023-02-26 145007.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	1174171

Even though I think my parameters are correct, when I download the completed render I have multiple EXR files but when opening one of the EXR file into VFB, going into layers and choosing source LightMix, I end up with a black preview with the message ''Please add LightMix RE and re-render'' in the Properties' details. It appears that the steps you are describing don't work for me.

Am I doing something wrong in my configuration before sending the scene to Chaos Cloud or my issue is once the render is completed? Using the Batch image processing doesn't seem to help either.

Thanks!
                    Last edited by julie_richard; 26-02-2023, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Hello julie_richard,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

In order for you to be able to use the light mix, please make sure to enable the Multichannel option in the Render Output options as shown here. Then all layers will be saved to a single .exr file and you will be able to load it into the VFB and tweak the lights. Let me know if that helps.
                      Aleksandar Kasabov
                      chaos.com

Comment

I always thought that you have to save as a VRIMG file in order to be able to access LightMix in the VFB, no?
                        Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Hello ValeroStudio,

You can either use.vrimg or multichannel .exr files to access lightMix in the VFB.
                          Aleksandar Kasabov
                          chaos.com

Comment

Just downloaded a file I rendered with Lightmix enabled, with Chaos Cloud, saved as multi layer EXR, and opened in VFB - no Lightmix. Am I missing something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	EXR LightMix.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	1175112
                            Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Ok, I solved it. I was not saving with multi-channel check box turned on even though when you save EXR you do get all the channels regardless of whether the box is checked, but I assume some other things happen under the hood when it is enabled. This is good to know! Thanks.
                              Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Working...
                              X