Dual Screen Mystery Fun Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Screen Mystery Fun Time

Its that old chestnut again - the disappearing window syndrome. In the good 'ol days all i had to do was hit Alt+SpaceBar and i could move any screen back to where i wanted it, even though i couldnt see it. Windows 10 has screwed that up because the key combination wont work any more and you cant change it without some kind of hackery. The other option of holding down Shift and right clicking the window you want to move doesnt work either since there is no Vray icon in the taskbar that i can click to affect that operation.
    Rearranging my windows via the windows control panel isnt helping either.
    Is there a quick way to reset the Vray dialog locations ? I cant see anything at the moment (asset editor, Cosmos, VFB etc etc. Nothing is showing up)
    Tried again - i think if you hold down Shift and then hit Alt+Spacebar that gets you the functionality that used to be just Alt+Spacebar. Problem is, nothing happens. Its as if VRAY just wont launch at all in Sketchup any more.
    Even if i try to place a vray light, nothing happens.....
    According to the license manager, my license is available....
    All of the above relates to me using Sketchup 2021 (which is what i use).
    If i open Sketchup 2020 I dont have any problems, i can still launch Vray and view all the dialogs etc.
    Need to get it working again in SKP 2021
    Reinstalling VRAY did not work....
    Last edited by leotchest; 03-06-2021, 02:43 PM.
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

i did some experimenting and it turns out the problem is not with VRAY. Its an extension that i installed. Curic PIE menu will cause VRAY to stop working
    Its a shame as the PIE menus are great for Skp !!!
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

Hi leotchest,

The way you move windows is the following:
      1. Make sure the window is in focus.
      2. Hold down Alt and press Space
      3. Press M
      4. Press one of the arrow keys (Left for example)
      5. The window is now attached to your cursor.
      We will check what's going on with the "Curic PIE menu".
      There might be a conflict of some sort that we can resolve.

Regards,
      Konstantin

Comment

Working...
      X