Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise a and noise b ( 2uv vs 3d map)

Hi Konstantin

Yesterday López37 asked something really interesting.

I was aware that both options offers the 3d map but almost forgot about that and yesterday i was playing with it.

If i use noise a or noise b what is the difference using the 2uv vs 3d map... 2uv can be something similar to bump map kind of a ilusition kind of fake.?

And the 3d map is kind of displacement with real effecs, more pronunced?

And about the settings seems that if i use 3d map the parameters that should i use are under the options of the 3d map.

Repeat x,y,z Offset x,y,z
    Rotation x,y,z

This map is very important for a swiming pool or something kind of waves for the océan or in a Big piece of water.

If i use 2uv option the parameters that are going to work are the normal parameters the clásical that offers the procedural textures.

Please speak clear about this, vray is a Big software with so many options that sometimes we Even don't know how it works but when You Discover it, it works Nice.

Thanks in advance

* I'm using this procedural texture in the bump slot, using vray gpu 5.1
    Last edited by luisgamino2; 16-03-2022, 03:25 PM.

Which one is better for a swiming pool, noise A or noise B??
    In noise A when do You use inflection??

​​​​​​Thanks
    Last edited by luisgamino2; 16-03-2022, 03:26 PM.

Comment

There are so many options in both options, perlin, refractal.

I believe this map is usufull too for frosted glass since this material has a really small bump.

There are so many tools that a Lot of people don't have a clue how does it work.

Comment

Working...
      X