Struggling with how-to Light Streetlamps and Cafe Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling with how-to Light Streetlamps and Cafe Lights

I'm at a loss and can't get this lighting to work and look realistic. Looking for a warm glow, a little flair, and some light on the ground.

Anyone interested in giving it a shot?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/1fjip...r3ml80sn23a5sc

Hi Evan,
    Thanks for sharing your file.

I went ahead and created some renders of this model.

It's all about "Faking Lighting"

Here's how I created my renders -
    I added a rectangle light under each street lamp and changed its directionality settings.
    I converted the hanging thread of bulb lights into mesh lights.
    And to add a sense of mystery to the scene, I switched on "Volumetric Environment"

Finally, I added some chaos cosmos assets just to add some interest to the scene.

It's also important to compose your renders well. I used a 5:4 landscape composition for these renders.

If you'd like me to create a specific tutorial for this, let me know. And I'll create on on my youtube channel with your model.

Have a great day ahead

P.S. I also went funky and tried to create sort of a cyberpunk scene.

PPS. Oh yes, I added some reflection to the road so that it could reflect those luminaries. It's a blend material mixed with a water material added as coat.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1160588 Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1160586
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, that looks great!

Mesh lights, huh? I wouldn't have thought to try that. Would you mind sharing that file? I would love to see what your settings are on light values and such.

It would be great seeing this in a tutorial. Present it as if I'm new to this century and maybe touch on some reasons why some of the lights don't turn on. What is your YouTube channel?

Comment

Working...
      X