Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a good silicone material

Hi friends,

I struggle with making waxy/silicone materials. (See attachment) Can someone point me to a good tutorial/downlaodabe asset? Thanks!
    Attached Files

I'm not really a material guru but the material used is 'polyolefin elastomer' (from their site) which is I think just a plastic/rubber like material with a rubber more luxery feeling. Don't think it needs a sss material or translucency at all. More important is the model I think, no sharp edges and I think best doable using a nice displacement map.

But like I said, I'm not that good with materials but I think you make the material more complex than it actually is.
    V-Ray 6 Beta | Intel i9 9900K | 64GB | 1x 512GB EVO 970 Pro SSD | 1x 1TB Kingston SSD | 2x 6TB SATA | 1x 4TB SATA | 1x RTX 3090 24GB

Comment

Hi maarten_vis​,

You should try using one of the Foam materials in Cosmos:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Foam materials 01.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	1165594

Even though the material might not fit your needs out of the box you can use it as a base.
      The main idea with foams is that some subsurface scattering is required for the material to appear believable.
      The easiest way to achieve this in V-Ray is with the Refraction/Translucency parameters of the VRay Mtl.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
      X