Camera Matching with Vantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Matching with Vantage

I posted this over on the Vantage forums but I thought I would post here as well.

What's the best way to get my Vantage camera to match my SketchUp viewport exactly? I have run some quick testing with a file I have but even if I match the resolution, the field of view seems off. Is there a trick to get them to match exactly? Can Vantage pull the camera info from VRay for SketchUp since this matches SketchUp already?
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

Hi,

In my tests it seems that Vantage is matching the active SketchUp camera:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	137
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	1191599

What I did was:
    • ​Enable safe frame in SU
    • Export a vrscene
    • Load it in Vantage
    • Make sure that the aspect ratio that Vantage uses is the same (HD in my case)

Can you describe your setup so that I can give it a try?

Comment

Using live-link setup up a 2-pt camera in SketchUp that uses panning and zooming after turning 2-pt camera on. Vantage doesn't seem to recognize the pan and zooming done within SketchUp, which is something that a V-Ray camera can do within SketchUp. I would like exports from Vantage to match sketchy and hidden line views from SketchUp exactly. I asked the Vantage team in the forum and they said this is on their list of things to do at some point.
      Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Using live-link setup up a 2-pt camera in SketchUp that uses panning and zooming after turning 2-pt camera on.
        Now, that is the reason.
        Currently, there is no such option in Vantage and hence matching your viewport would be impossible.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	133
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1191741

I'll ask around and keep you posted on any progress made in that area.

Konstantin

Comment

Could the VRay camera in SketchUp communicate the settings to the Vantage Camera via the link link somehow? The Vray Camera inside of SketchUp has always done a wonderful job at matching the 2pt camera from SketchUp.
          Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

It can and it does, but until Vantage starts supporting 2pp camera intricacies combined with panning and zooming there is nothing to be done.
            I'll speak to the Vantage team and let you know what they think.

Comment

Awesome. I appreciate it!
              Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Working...
              X