Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray falloff fresnel type...In what kind of materials or situations you use it in the reflection layer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray falloff fresnel type...In what kind of materials or situations you use it in the reflection layer

Hi Konstantin

I have been playing with textils and fabrics with vray gpu over the weekend.

I found usefull the falloff texture with parallel-perpendicular and towards-away, but there is an option for falloff called "fresnel" the same check box that is in the reflection layer of materials.

So as always i have to do research a lot in order to understand the software.

When do you use these particular falloff fresnel??

What are the differences about the clasic fresnel in the reflection layer with the falloff fresnel??

Why is these option???

I have never used that option, can you explain a bit please

Thanks Konstantin
    I hope it helps to understand better the software for a lot of vray for sketchup users
    Best regards Luis GamiƱo

Last edited by luisgamino2; 14-01-2024, 09:12 PM.

Another question here...Does vray take more time to render when i use a falloff fresnel type instead off the check box fresnel in the reflection layer??

Which one render faster and why???

Thanks again

Comment

The fresnel in the material affects only the material reflections.
      The Falloff fresnel mode allows you to use the same angle curve in other situations - blending two colors in an angle for example.
      The built-in fresnel is much easier to use when dealing with reflections and is optimal for rendering since it doesn't require material blending.

Comment

Working...
      X