Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray skatter volume for vray for sketchup???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray skatter volume for vray for sketchup???

Hi Konstantin and Peter Chauchev

Yesterday i was watching an adan martin tutorial about SSS effects

Translucency

First. Two sided material
    second. Translucency layers for materials
    third. SSS material

I can understand that we dont have vray al surface material which it is for skin and characters, it dont have use for vray for sketchup since this software it is more for architectural rendering

But the vray skatter volume???!!!

Why we dont have this option in vray for sketchup???

This is usefull it is the SSS shader with brute force, the unbiased method, very precise but very slow.

Imagine a dinner scene where there is a canddles and a marble sculture and you want nice material for both and also you have a nice work station with good procesor or a good gpu.

Well in that case you dont have the Best option for that materials since we dont have vray skatter volume in vray for sketchup.

For me this is again a sad history with vray for sketchup...We deserve it, sometimes this material can help for better results in some shaders.

If you have enought power with your pc...Well go ahead and use this option for Best results...But no we dont have this option for vray for sketchup

So please bring vray skatter volume for us, we need it, for vray for sketchup.

Wax, marble, etc, are very important materials in architectural rendering.

Even if you work hard with vray for sketchup, never it is going to match vray for 3d max quality since with 3max there are more and better options with vray.

Thanks
    Last edited by luisgamino2; 11-06-2024, 10:33 AM.

Hi,

I can understand that we dont have vray al surface material which it is for skin and characters, it dont have use for vray for sketchup since this software it is more for architectural rendering
    Even in the other integrations the ALSurface is not the only option for skin.

This is usefull it is the SSS shader with brute force, the unbiased method, very precise but very slow.
    The scatter volume is also brute-force evaluated and I don't think it's any faster to render.

Well in that case you dont have the Best option for that materials since we dont have vray skatter volume in vray for sketchup.
    The best and most modern scattering solution in V-Ray is available in SketchUp - it is the Translucency in the VRay Mtl.
    The Volumetric translucency mode is more or less similar to the Scatter Volume.
    The SSS mode is quite fast and perfect for the materials you've listed.

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Working...
    X