Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sky dome render too dark

Hi all,
    my first post here, so please bear w/ me.
    This is also my first attempt at a v-ray render ( awesome app). However i was not crazy with the default sky so I used a sky dome. (a dome w/ a sky jpg map)
    However I notice that there is an immediate loss in Brightness w/ the sky dome (as if the dome is blocking some of the light). I thought that maybe the SU materials are not great with vray, however this could not be the case as the default sky rendering has the correct brightness. (see images) It makes the rendering look like a Victorian era painting style (not the look I am going for!)
    Please could someone tell me the issue. I would really like to use the sky-dome trick

for images see http://forum.sketchup.com/showthread.php?t=76305
    thanks
    veej[/url]

sky dome render too dark

in shadow settings tty turning light up to 100 and dark to 0 and see if that makes any difference, make sure you have default lights check in global switchs

thanks
    mike d

also what setting are you useing

Comment

sky dome render too dark

Mike,
      am a first time user, so you will have to elaborate:
      what is tty?
      also could not find the shawdow setting in vray render options. is this a sketchup setting or a Vray setting?
      I found the Global light switch and yes it was checked
      thx

Originally posted by mike d
      in shadow settings tty turning light up to 100 and dark to 0 and see if that makes any difference, make sure you have default lights check in global switchs

thanks
      mike d

also what setting are you useing

Comment

sky dome render too dark

Your sky dome is most like blocking the V-Ray physical sky. If you would rather use your own sky dome than the physical sky you will probably need to create some emitters to provide extra light to the scene.

Emitters are necessary because currently we don't have our direct light sources hooked into V-Ray SketchUp, we will be adding them in the future though. To use an emitter just apply a plane or some object with a V-Ray material that has an emissive layer on it. You can control the brightness by adjusting the "intensity" param of the emissive layer.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

sky dome render too dark

thanks joeb,
          will give it a shot

Comment

sky dome render too dark

Originally posted by veej
            Mike,
            am a first time user, so you will have to elaborate:
            what is tty?
            sorry this was a typo
            also could not find the shawdow setting in vray render options. is this a sketchup setting or a Vray setting?
            this is a sketch up setting
            I found the Global light switch and yes it was checked
            thx

Comment

Working...
            X