Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost reflection

Newbie question.
    I modified orig. clear glass mat and then suddenly lost the reflection. Please review this config. and correct me. Thank you in advance!

Also what's the difference between VRAYMTL, VRAYLINKEDMTL, VRAY2SIDEDMTL, VRAYSKP2SIDEMTL?

lost reflection

You have the Reflection value mapped...Check that or post it cause that might be the problem. (if its mapped with fresnel then the fresnel color should be white and the Refract color should be black)
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

lost reflection

yes, it's mapped w/ fresnel w/ default value as you mentioned. Each IOR is 1.55.

Comment

lost reflection

You are using transparency it seems. If you are trying to make a glass material you should have a refraction layer beneath that diffuse layer (or just remove the diffuse and add a refraction layer). If you do not want glass - then you should make your diffuse layer's transparency black. However, if you really want to use the "fake" refraction I'm guessing you would need a very high fresnel/refract IOR to maintain reflections. Probably like 20 or so.

[edit]
        Oh - I would also disable the "Correct RGB" in our global options gamma settings. There is an error in how its applied with refraction layers so it may make your glass darker than you would like if you do choose to add a refraction layer
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X