Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projected Textures Sketchup 6 (model included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projected Textures Sketchup 6 (model included)

Hello, im really happy about the new featuer of Photo Matching i SU 6. So i took an example picture from the net (http://www.flukeworld.com/asgvis/house.jpg) and started to play with it. When working in SU 6 it works really great.

The roof on the picture above is a texture filled with the paint bucket. The rest is projected surfaces from the background. I also to the window and cloned it to the extra builing on the right side. I made them like the tutorial on SU 6 as components so i could copy them arround the building.

Now when i try to get the texture coordinates into vray materials it all starts to scrample. It seems like the mapping settings is not the same as for a regular texture within sketchup.

So is this a bug or a feature request? Or is it me who is doing something wrong. I've tried different approaches to do this. Below you can see the result. The roof works fine since it's not a projected surface. But the rest? I mean the roof is not even added as a vray texture so unless i don't want some glossynes, bump and so on i don't really have to bring it in to the material editor in VRfSU. The mapping coordinates works fine for the roof anyway.

Here is the SU 6 file if ANYBODY like to try and fix it for me...
    http://www.flukeworld.com/asgvis/house.skp Oh And don't forget do download the image and apply it to the textures in the vray-material editor (http://www.flukeworld.com/asgvis/house.jpg)

All i really need is to be able to make each surface as a separate texture. Now it actually using one texture for all surfaces (except the roof) i think this can be the problem. So i will aslo post this question in the SU 6 forum.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance
    Fluke73<br />==============================<br />www.flukeworld.com - private (has gallery)<br />www.webzoo.se - my company

I haven't really messed around with Skp6 at all. But I'll take a look at the scene. I'm guessing this probably isn't going to work out of the box with the way I'm doing things since it is a new feature in Sketchup.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Yes Joe, i understod it was something like that. So what i really need is to know how i convert the projected texture to regular within sketchup - if i can acomplish that then there's no worries for vray.
      Fluke73<br />==============================<br />www.flukeworld.com - private (has gallery)<br />www.webzoo.se - my company

Comment

Possibly - honestly I'm not sure if we make use of any background images for SketchUp 5 either. So maybe thats the root problem, and not the actual projected texture things. I'll have to mess around with it for a bit.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Oh... if it's a problem with the Projecting thing in genreall then it's worrying... The great thing about the projecting way is that you can easily texture complex stuff. If just VRfSU could utilize that it would be lovely.

I'll cross my fingers for you guys to find a simple/easy solution.

Comment

Yeah I think I'll have to look deeper into this. I'm guessing we'll have to figure out a way to "fake" this into working by creating a pseudo-environment. I'll definately keep this feature in mind, but I need to get some other things squared away before I can focus on a uniquely Skp6 feature. It does look very powerful so I will be looking into it. I just wanted to post a quick response so you know I have played around with it.
            Best regards,
            Joe Bacigalupa
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I know that you guys work you butts off (or so i hope )

I understand you want to sort out the generall stuff first, that's ofcourse the most logical thing to do.

But from what i understand, everyone who has a Sketchup 5 Pro version has a free upgrade to sketchup 6. So this means, more or less, that everyone is moving up to version 6 - so in the end things will be more important to focus on version 6. I really don't see a reason to stick with version 5 (not referring to you, but to the sketchup community).

And again, yes i understand you have to finnish off more important issues first.

Comment

Working...
              X