Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beta 4 is out...where can i find the changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta 4 is out...where can i find the changes?

Hi all,
    I just downloaded beta 4 but can't find a list of changes/improvements.
    Is there some readme file that i am missing?

BTW: Can all the SU materials automatically be linked vray mats by default, or do we still have to do this one by one manually?

Thanks,
    Biebel

Re: Beta 4 is out...where can i find the changes?

sorry - I forgot to post an announcement with the list of changes. I'll do that right after this. The majority of my time for Beta4 was spent streamlining our scene parsing so it would be a lot faster - so I didn't get to the automatic linking of native Skp materials. I do still plan on doing this - sorry about that.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks Joe.
      The speed of the GUI (material esitor) seems to be improved.
      Also linked materials are now easily adapted and the early bugs not being able to add bumps to them seems to be solved. Nice job.

Concerning autolinking: i understand that other things to make vray solid have priority, so we will be patient

Keep up the good work.

regards,
      biebel

Comment

We posted the revised beta 4 last night. So if you guys want to download it again it should take care of that pesky light editing goof. Sorry about that
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi,

Haven't been around for a while - but now that I'm here, I'm kind of surprised to see that you've released a beta 4... :-\
          I believe I was one of the first persons purchasing Vray for SU, yet I haven't received any information about this release... ??? ??? ???

Can someone explain me why...???

Cheers
          Kim Frederik

Comment

Frederik: I agree with you - it seems like they are busy being up to something. Since no e-mail has gone out about the new webpage, the new beta. And there has been less activity going on in the forum. I've heard about some peoples at ASGvis has been on vacation and some of them has been sick. But i'll hope we all pick up some speed and motivation so this project doesn't just slows down. Im eager to get the full version but also i don't want to rush the guys - because i want to have a good well thought application with as few glitches in the release. But i feel ASGvis has to come out with some information on whats been going on and what's the schedule now.
            Fluke73<br />==============================<br />www.flukeworld.com - private (has gallery)<br />www.webzoo.se - my company

Comment

Our website has been the main focus of Corey and Justin. I've been focusing on V-Ray for SketchUp and V-Ray for Rhinoceros. I'm not sure why you didn't recieve an email - did you purchase from us or go through our website?

Also - we have been hit with a few sick days and a couple vacations in January. Sorry for the inconvenience.
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your answer.
                I understand... I can imagine that the migration itself have taken resources and sickness on top of that... Well, you guys sure have been very unfortunate...

Cheers
                Kim Frederik

Comment

Originally posted by Frederik
                  Well, you guys sure have been very unfortunate...
                  nah we're very fortunate to have so much work
                  Best regards,
                  Joe Bacigalupa
                  Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                  X