Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do units in SU are important?

Hi,
    Question in the title : does unit preferences got impact in Vray?
    I mean, I always work in cm, is there an impact in material, in Light multiplier?

An other question, if I whant do desactivate SU light in render and got only Vray lights, wich parameter in General Setings I have to check?

Re: Do units in SU are important?

Units will have an impact on light multipliers, as well as multipliers for bumps or displacement and things like LC in world mode or Caustics. Its not like the wrong unit setup will make it impossible to render and there is no correct units, but its some thing you should be aware of.

As for the second question I'm not quite sure what your asking, but here's a shot. If you want only the GI Environment light and want to disable all of the other vray lights, then in Global Switches uncheck Lights and that will turn them all off without having to do it light by light. Hope thats what you were looking for.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Hi, thx for answering.

Concerning light :
      Wich parameter disable SU light?

Comment

Under VRay options, the first rollout at the top Global Switches, on the right there are a cluster of boxes (hidden lights, Default lights, shadows, etc). Uncheck the one that says light and that will disable all of the lights globally. The parameters for the lights themselves still are on, but that option tells vray to ignore the lights.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
        X