Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray animation

Hey,

How do i make vray animation? I'm newbie...

Thanks

Re: Vray animation

Its a very involved process, and currently there are some bugs with doing animations (mainly there are no secondary bounces). Needless to say its alot to take on, so I'd consider it alittle more...especially if you are new to Vray. Here are two threads that contain SU specific animation info
    http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...0&topic=1872.0
    http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...c=2008.msg9727

I would also send a Personal Message to Epinox, and see if he has any suggestions or pointers. If you still want to take it on, the I can send you more info as well as some links to tutorials (the tutorials are for max not sketch up).
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Hi,
      A simple scene…. I have a cube which I like to rotate around. 2 scene/pages. I can make a sketchup avi animation.
      But how do I get vray to render the same? Does vray make a still picture for all the frames? And then do I have put them together in adobe Premiere?

It would be cool if you could link some tutorials (3dmax)

Thanks

Comment

Yes the output will only be individual images, so you will have to put them together in a video editing software. Below is the link to the max tutorial. This method only works if the scene is static and the camera is the only thing that moves.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...ials_imap2.htm

Comment

deluxe78 if you have a msn i can help you with the problems i faced while rendering the animation

epinox7@hotmail.com
          Onur Olguner<br />Architect<br />METU &#39;07<br />http://www.olgunerdesign.com

Comment

does the new release solve the animation problem?

Comment

Not sure...I'll check it out and get back to you.

Comment

Well there's good news and bad news... The good news is that the secondary bounces look as though they are working. The bad news is that I am not sure that Vray is saving the images as individual files. In other words if you give a save path and location the same file keeps getting overwritten rather than a new file for a new frame. So this needs to get worked out, or animation is pretty much useless. I'll talk to Joe and see if he knows whats up. Sorry for the bad news, but it better than leaving for the night/weekend and coming back to one file of your last render.

Comment

well it seems that it only needs a small fix, hope no big trouble...

And yeah I can imagine myself pounding walls and smashing the keyboard after 3 days of animation render and only the last frame as a result :P Good thing you found the bug early before someone commited harakere :P

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
                    The bad news is that I am not sure that Vray is saving the images as individual files.
                    Strange - someone else had that same issue but I wasn't able to repeat it on my machine. They all wrote out to the root C drive with the proper numbers on them. But I've made it more structured in how it should make up a file name if none is provided, so in the next release I don't think it will be an issue. Damien - could you send me a file that causes you a problem on your machine? Maybe I've got something setup differently that makes it appear to be working.
                    Best regards,
                    Joe Bacigalupa
                    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I'll go through and see if I can find more specifics about it. Maybe I setup some thing wrong.

Comment

I'll go through and see if I can find more specifics about it. Maybe I setup some thing wrong.
                        I don't think you set anything up incorrectly - we had another person saying he had the same issue this morning. I think it has to do with the fact that before you save a sketchup file it doesn't have a path - and thats how I was deriving the output file name, by the file's path. So I guess it could just be kind of a random situation whether it works out properly or not. In my development build I've had it just call the output "Untitled.png" and save it in the current user's "My Documents" folder if the sketchup model has no file path. I'm thinking this should fix that problem.
                        Best regards,
                        Joe Bacigalupa
                        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

There really should be some warning if an animation is set to render without an output path. I know max has one, and it would be very useful. The last thing I want is to be up all night getting an animation ready to render, and then there is no evidence of it because I forgot to put a path.

Comment

There really should be some warning if an animation is set to render without an output path. I know max has one, and it would be very useful. The last thing I want is to be up all night getting an animation ready to render, and then there is no evidence of it because I forgot to put a path.
                            Well it is supposed to fill a name in for you. The issue is if you do it in an untitled file then that path is empty and it is kind of random where it shows up. On my machine it saved to the root c drive. But now, in the current dev build, it will always have a name - and if it is untitled it will be called "untitled" and write to the user's My Documents folder
                            Best regards,
                            Joe Bacigalupa
                            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I was saying a warning before you even get to render. In max, if an image sequence is being rendered without saving enabled a little dialog box pops up saying "Save path not specified, rendered images will be lost. Do you want to continue?" (or something like that) with a little yes or no button. I think that is a necessity. ;D IMHO if we have that and someone says "Yes, continue" then they obviously don't need the images. Always saving unspecified images has the potential to loadup someones hard drive with images that they never even knew they were there.

The weird thing is that the prepass that I rendered with no path specified is saved under the root C, and every image/alpha is there. However the sequence that I specified the path for saved over each image. Now doesn't that seam absolutely backwards ;D

I've still got to look into it some more.

Comment

Working...
                              X