HDRI SUN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HDRI SUN

I don't see any difference in my HDRI renders with default light on or off. I could make a sample scene and illustrate if that's of any help?
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

thomthom

I tried one of the free downloads from Hyperfocal.
      As its free it is low res and a sunset scene, and the ones you buy are hi res, but I guess it's the same principle.
      You get a HDR (and an exr) lighting and environment map + a jpg (I guess so that you can see what you are getting before you get it!)
      Here is the test result, hdr multiplier 100.
      Its ok as you can see - and it does have a directional component. Personally (I am a cheapskate) I find the free ones quite satisfactory, as I only want to use them as reflective backgrounds - and soft lighting. By paying you will get high res results, if that's what you want.

Sketchup 2015
      Vray version 2.00
      www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
        Well, It would seam that something is up, because there should still be the sharp shadows from the default light. Maybe there's something about not being connected to the sky that throws things off...I'll try and take a look today.
        I got that effect when I tried it with SR1. But I can't get it to work with the non-SR1.
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Well, then use the SR1. You guys seam to stick with the original release, but have failed to realize that a lot of things, some of which are very significant, were just not working correctly in the original version. You want less loose ends, then use the SR.
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

I'm unfortunately stuck with the original release because I'm having issues with Incorrect Parameter errors that keep occurring. Until that's fixed I can't use the SR1, which is a pitty as I really like the big improvements.

Comment

Yea, thats the one "gotcha"...we still haven't tracked that down because we still haven't been able to find out what's causing it. We've tried a number of different virtual machines with different OS configurations and SU install configurations to try and reproduce it, but still nothing. We originally though it was an issue with an older build of SU, but users have been reporting it with the current ones, so that isn't it either. The actual dialog box that you see isn't ours, its either from SU or the OS, so there's nothing explicitly within our code thats throwing the error, only when we hand off something to SU. We hand off a lot of stuff to SU, so thats not a short list of items to track through. When we find a solution, we'll let everyone know and put up a new build to download.
              Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Yea, the title of the box says "SketchUp". Earlier it appeared in an infinite loop, in the current version it stops after a few times. So there has been improvement to it. But something is still left. Once that's taken care of I'll finally migrate my installation.

Is there any debugging tool I could run? I suppose it's difficult to plug in any debugging as it triggers inside SketchUp and not V-Ray..?

I got another system at home which I can test SP1 on. Maybe the specs can be compared and find a common denominator. My other system got Vista and XP freshly installed.

Comment

Working...
                X