X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help

questions:
    1. can vray run on 64 bit windows xp?
    2. after i render, why is it the image is cropped? it does not take what in the scene of sketchup (do i make sense?) what i mean is, i create a scene in sketchup and can be seen in the whole monitor but when i render with vray4SU it does not take the whole scene.
    3. how do i render whatever scene is shown on the monitor without cropping it?
    4. what is the maximum resolution i can render?
    thanks for all your answers.

Re: need some help

Ash in response,

1. Yes I believe it can, I was running it on a 64 until moved to Vista
    2. This is to do wih the camera in the camera dialogue box in vray you can choose between standard or physical -- if you click standard override the FOV (field of view) and change to about 56-58.....If physical camera change the zoom to somewhere between 0.6 and 0.8

3....answer above really I think

4. The maximum you can render as normal is say about 3000xwhatever to 4000xwhatever (by whatever I meant if you have locked the pixel ratio to 1.3333) however you can under output click your render size to be say 5000xwhatever or 6000 (you get the idea) and then scoll down to see a Heading V-Ray Raw Image File. Check the Render to VRImage click the location you want to save the file to and sit back and wait a few hours or more.....

You will then have a file type, once you have this you need to download the VRimage to OPEN Exr translator from the download section under the TOOLS section... once downloaded and extracted right click on the rendered file then go to Open with browse for the execute file and open.....you will see a command line which is decoding the file... after this is done go back to where you saved the original file and you will have a OpenEXR file open with PS...... in here the image may looked slightly washed out, if so go to "and I quote" Image ----adjustments----exposure and change the gamma till you get what you want!

Hope this helps

Mat

Comment

thanks Mat. i appreciate you answer according to my question, it is very clear. thanks

Comment

thats correct...
        for the answer 4/ If you choose output VRIMG you can go up to 8000x8000 pixels size( even higher, but that's my max ) ...

Comment

There is no technical limit, but there will be limits based on your scene, your settings, your materials, your computer, your memory, as well as whether your bios/os decides that it just don't want to deal with it anymore ;D IOW I could probably get a single cube to render at 20000x20000 on old laptop, but I may not be able to get a real scene rendering at beyond 2000 on the same machine (sorry to offend any of our users that are just rendering a cube)
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
          X