how to use sun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to use sun?

if someone tell me how can i use sun into my model that would be so nice.I dont know how to put sun into my models.I searched but didnt find anything like that.I totaly dont know how to do that help please???
    www.jackscabana.co.uk

Re: how to use sun?

You don't need to put it in, its the sketch up sun. As long as you have Default Lights checked in Global Switches then it will show up.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Note that pre-Service Release version will require you to Update the Enviroment map whenever you change a sun parameter.
      Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

thanks its really helped...
        www.jackscabana.co.uk

Comment

I'm finding that the sun is not passing through transparent layers properly. In Sketch-Up before I render I can clearly see the sun passing through the windows into the building, but when I render the image this dose not occur and it is very dark inside. Why is this??

Comment

probably cause you're using sketchup materials instead of V-RAY materials. With v-ray materials you can adjust transparency wich may be the problem.
            Juan Carlos

Comment

same thing happens to me, i have my difult lights checkt, i use vray glass material,i have my phisical camera on, but the sun light dosnt come in... the scene is not dark because i put my rectangular lights very very up high in the multyplier..... but the sun still dosnt come intrough the window.... how cant a ichive this? putting the sun multiplyer up very very high? or the enviorment multiplyer??

Comment

Do i have to put the window glass with imassive material for it to light up? or do i put a rectengular light outside my window?

Comment

try to adjust the sketchup sun so you can see the actual sun facing the window directly, probably it won't show up in your sketchup model unless you have the transparency material assing to your window, but this will help you pointing the sun in the right direction.

after that check your sun by default in enviroment settings.
                  Juan Carlos

Comment

Originally posted by chillin
                    Do i have to put the window glass with imassive material for it to light up? or do i put a rectengular light outside my window?
                    dont forget to check your glass setting.. tick the affect shadow option..

regards,
                    vd

Comment

Nothing I do makes the sun pass through the layer??? Im using vray material that is see through but the light does not pass through it.... WHY?

Comment

Here is how I do to make this scene :
                        Use a SU glass material for glasses of windows (for viewing shadow in scence before rendering)
                        Apply Clear-Glass(vismat,you can find it in C:/Program Files/Asgvis/Materials/Glass) to these Glasses
                        Setting scene shadow until U satisfy
                        Update scene,go to Vray Options,open Environtment and use Vraysky in both GI and Background
                        Render it and you will get the result like that,if U want a soft anf smooth shadow,U can increase the Size Multiplier of Sun
                        Enjoy your Product

Comment

HOW DO I UPDATE THE SCENE???

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X