realistic materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• realistic materials

hello everyone, i'm really having a hard time achieving realistic materials..i've seen some renders here and the textures are good, and very realistic, from the reflections, the bumps, etc..and i've tried everything i could, but never really achieved one..say the flooring for one..if somebody could share me some material settings which produces realistic effects, i'd really appreciate it..thanks in advance.. ;D
    MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES !!

Re: realistic materials

aldz,

Much of this is about good textures (not always commercial) with higher resolutions.

http://www.3dlinks.com/Commercial_Textures.cfm

That is a good place to shop around. Once you get some really good textures you will find it much easier to get good results. This is not to say all textures are commercial (pay) textures. There are great free ones as well.

Creating realistic results is about time spent with trial and error in mind. Good textures will not if time is not spent trying different settings for different effects. Most good 3D artists have spent a long time to get to where they are today and much of that time is spent learning by trial and error. Also a great book to pick up is:

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=0321316312

I keep this book on my desk all the time and it is a great resource to go back to when looking for ideas.

Hope this helps,
    Scott

Comment

Re: realistic materials

thanks for the help..and i agree with you that it takes sometime to achieve realism in rendering..i did try to go the link you provided but all there was were links..but thanks anyway..what i'm really looking for is just a sample setting perhaps for the the flooring,and from that i'll get the general idea of what needs to be considered when doing realistic renderings..hope someone could enlighten me on this aspect..thanks in advance..
      MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES !!

Comment

Working...
      X