Emissive Texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emissive Texture

I have a monitor in my scene so i'm trying to make it appear as its on, by using an Emissive layer and physical cam.
    here's the material's settings

this is the resoult

what should i do make this right?
    www.Top3Dstudio.com
    SU 8
    VfS 1.48.89
    Win 7 64-bit

Re: Emissive Texture

best thing i can think of is add transparency to the emissive layer and then add intensity to make up for the transparency and just use the picture in diffuse...

Comment

I think here's your issue...in order to have the screens bright enough to "illuminate" the scene, what is actually on the screen will be too over exposed to see it. This is a problem within photography too, but in CG we can get around this...

You'll need 2 materials. One that is the emissive texture with the desired intensity like you have now. The second is just what you want to see on the screen as a diffuse texture. Then you'll need to make a VraySkpTwoSided material (has to be the SketchUp one) and put the emissive material as the front material and the second diffuse material as the back material. Now make sure all of the screens have their back faces pointing towards the camera and you should get better results. You might want to increase the brightness of the diffuse texture just a little bit so it doesn't look so "contrived"
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

I put the texture via sketchup, make it vraylinked, put an emissive layer, put the same texture as emissive texture, and look what I got. But I didn't use physical camera, so my multipliers ware set to 1.

Comment

Here with no GI and no background

Comment

Got it!
            Thanks a lot to all the helpers!

the result:

www.Top3Dstudio.com
            SU 8
            VfS 1.48.89
            Win 7 64-bit

Comment

here I put one rectangular light way above,just to see more detail of geometry, without affecting the ambient light from the monitor.

Comment

Really nice stefanq
                www.Top3Dstudio.com
                SU 8
                VfS 1.48.89
                Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Working...
                X