Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to light some high hat bulbs...any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to light some high hat bulbs...any advice?

I am working on an interior that is lit with nothing more than strips of track lighting and I am preparing to give each individual bulb light, only I am only familiar with rectangular lighting elements in Sketchup and have no clue what i am doing with omni-lighting.

I placed an omni-lite and it was enormous - so i guess what I am asking is, what's the common practice? Do I insert omni-lights on each and scale them down and bring down their multiplier as well?

I just need a rounded light effect.

Anyone willing to lend a hand?

Re: Need to light some high hat bulbs...any advice?

asimovpunch

Well, while you wait for the experts to return from holiday and give you an answer, I refer you to this study by Mado - many have walked in his footsteps - where he explains how he did the lighting.

http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...10503#msg10503

For me (certainly no expert in this field) it is about getting the right effect with as few lights as you can get away with - keeps the render times down. I tend to use (invisible) rectangular lights.

You could also look at 'Steelers05' very nicely lit hotel ballroom for inspiration
    http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...24510#msg24510

David
    Sketchup 2015
    Vray version 2.00
    www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Re: Need to light some high hat bulbs...any advice?

The scale of the omni light does not matter...only its center point. I suggest not using an omni light inside of a glass bulb because that will force the light calculations to need to be performed differently and thats not something you want to mess with. Having an emissive material on the bulb and the omni light just outside(or in front) of the bulb might be a better way to go.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
      X