Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating a desk lamp

hello every body
    would you please help me in case of this problem. I would like to have a desk light in my scene, I think that I followed the manual steps, but I don't know why the result is too dark? thank you very much in advanced.
    Regards

Re: creating a desk lamp

[/img]

Comment

Have you used an emmissive material on the lamp or have you placed a light inside an envelope.
      If its the first one, wang up the intensity of the emissive layer - until it shows up.
      If its the second one, you may need to increase the 'envelope' transparency to allow the light through.
      (you are nearly there with posting images! just need to select 'direct link' in image shack, and always do a 'preview' of your posting to check is is correct.)

Good Luck

David
      Sketchup 2015
      Vray version 2.00
      www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Mr David
        thank you very much again.I increased the intensity from 1 to 30 but I have the same problem. :'(

Comment

fatemeh,
          If you have physical camera turned on then you'll have to bump up the multiplier to thousands (try 1000) and see from there if you need to increase or decrease the multiplier of the emissive layer.
          www.Top3Dstudio.com
          SU 8
          VfS 1.48.89
          Win 7 64-bit

Comment

40th
            hello and thank you very much for your reply.I checked physical camera while it was unchecked in previous renderings and increased the intensity of emissive to 1000. thank you, it is glowing now.
            but the whole of scene is dark.would you please guide me what I must do.
            Regards

Comment

what kind of lightning do you have in the scene?
              www.Top3Dstudio.com
              SU 8
              VfS 1.48.89
              Win 7 64-bit

Comment

: well there must be something wrong with my options.would you please view these two pictures.

Comment

exactly this is what im saying on this thread..
                  http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...0&topic=4886.0

ok fatemeh... read the conversation on that thread. when you are starting and playing with camera immediately will jsut really give you a lot of headache. my advise is turn the camera in the beginning until you are good in setting uo your scene. although the camera is accurate still the learning curve is kinda frustrating.

but i know exactly the ongoing things happening with your camera test. just like what 40th said, you need to increased that far far high the emmisive multiplier so as to show up, i doubt you check your camera when you increased your multiplier. but then when you check it suddenly you had that iamge. with the emmissive light there anymore. your camera with that setting will definitely overshadow yur setting thats why the pot is dark....far far incresed the multiplier then or make the fnumer of your camera to 2 imho.

if you want to make the scene brighter, i advise you need to use rectangular ligt invisible... turn off the camera (4 the meantime).. see how.

or second option decrease your f number to 2 and increased the emmissive multiplier more then add invisible rectangular light. to brighten up the scene.
                  http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.sketchupvrayresources.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.nomeradonaart.blogspot.com/

Comment

thank you very much nomeradona
                    I will try it

regards

Comment

i am sorry, but I am confused :
                      I am still a todller!!!
                      I encountered with 3 problems:
                      1.should I check or uncheck show GI in global switches? :-[
                      2.in this picture I checked physical camera and unchecked show GI is it right? to be honest I didn't understand when I should unchek it :-\
                      3.I put a rectangular light behind the window. the material of glass is from vry materials but still I can not see the sun beams inside the house like you professionals
                      4.I think this picture is too bright because I uncheked show GI, isn't it?

Comment

1. Having Show GI Only checked will only show the global illumination component of the render. No direct light will be shown. You should leave this unchecked.

2a. There's almost no real reason to check Show GI Only. Leave it unchecked.

2b. Having the physical camera will mean that you have to play with the scene exposure. At this point, the brightness that you're seeing is more of an exposure issue than anything else. Check out the manual for details on how to adjust the exposure of the physical camera

3. For the specifics on the "beams" question, refer to your other thread. You will have an issue seeing the direct light (which is probably more of what you expect) through that material because at that point the light is considered a caustic. You don't need to worry to much about all the specifics, just check Affect Shadows in the refraction layer of the material.

4. No, see number 1 & 2a
                        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

dear Damien Alomar
                          thank you very much. :P I am feeling better now.
                          thanks alot every body for recommendations. I hope I come back with a better rendering.

Regards

Comment

hi, thank you very much every body that gave me some ideas about vray in sketch up.
                            my first question of this topic was"how to provide a desk lamp" but it led me to other fields of vray. ;D ;D
                            :P finally I understood that ommiting the roof caused that brightness.to be hounest I didn't draw the ceiling :-[ :-[.
                            for becaming more managable I copied my furniture in an enclosed are with a window in it.
                            I put a rectangular light behind the window but still it doesn't have any sash or glass. I would like to have a rendering like page 70 of manual but still there are many different between these two.

would you please help me,
                            thank you

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X