No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Damien/ Joe/ Devin

Folks please don't mind my giving short / concise subject titles to threads as by personal experience topics are easier to find by members on the forum if they have logical & short heading keywords.

My question to Damien/Joe/Devin is:- after going through within details of new enhancements in (ONLY the) rendering static images with mental ray sections) of Max Design '09, I could note these worthwhile improvements over previous releases: -

1. mr Proxy objects (only render @ rendertime); no big deal here, as I place low poly dummy objects for test renders, only the final render takes a bit longer, but the speed of DRspawner with a render farm is MUCH faster than the equivalent mr DBR satellites, so no big deal;
    2. mr Promaterials library (nothing but extension of Arch & Design materials, only a tad simpler, no big deal);
    3. Reveal rendering (this existed previously with scanline, they've put it in mr in this version). NOW THIS IS REALLY AMAZING improvement to iterative workflow where a lot of to-&-fro test renders are required to be done before the final rende to either tweak the lighting, materials or both. One has the choice of either (a) Remove a specific object from the render framebuffer; (b) Render a SPECIFIC REGION or SELECTED OBJECT only, while the remaining area of the framebuffer remains shown ==> this is great, since one doesn't have to wait for the entire scene to render... ( I know vR has the point-your-mouse feature somewhat similar to region render, but, 1. It washes (removes) previously rendered image totally in every render so its not possible to compare edits/tweaks to the model regions, 2. It's only available after the prepasses which take some time, & the render selected object feature isn't there);

I read in your earlier post that 1.00.75 is expected in about a couple of weeks. Is (or rather, could) the region render/ selected object render facility be incorporated in the next build? Another INDISPENSIBLE feature is the Multiple Lights Lister/ Editor which simply is a must for any production environment.

Could you succintly outline major new bug fixes / enhancements that are expected in the next build, please?

(This isn't a wishlist, but a query only. Hence posted here)

Thanks

Macho

Re: 1.00.75

Edit: -

If only these features could be incorporated in VfSU, one wouldn't need Max (at least for Architectural visualization); I can vouch for that. This doesn't include animation, non-linear modeling (NURBS), Mapping with unubiquitous esoteric modes for characters like pelt mapping, Videopost, etc; which we architects don't use/need much anyway...

Your reply is anxiously awaited. Thanks.

Comment

For a moment there I though a new build was out when I read the title.

I think it's mainly bugfixes that we'll see in the next build. That's what all the builds since SR1's initial version 1.00.70 has been. Introducing new features mean new potential for bugs.
      And while I like new features, I actually just want bugfixes now so I can start using SR1 in production.
      Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

At the moment, bug fixes are the primary focus for the build in a few weeks. Beyond those bug fixes, there probably won't be any new features besides a very simple toon implementation. The features that you asked for (proxies especially) are not actually as simple as they seam, so in the short term its just not possible to get them working and out there for you guys. There are a number of things on our long term radar for the next full release that you SU guys and the Rhino guys have made very sure that we know about. Proxies are at the top of that list, and materials will getting there own special attention as well. At this point, its not about wishing its about us sitting down and doing what needs to get done. I don't want to discourage you guys from wishing, but chances are if somebody's mentioned it over the last year, we have it on our ToDo list. At some point we'll get some more info out there on that list specifically, but lets get through the release in a few weeks first.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Glad to hear a new bug fix version is on the way.
          May I add that it would be nice to have a read me for every release that tells whats beeing fixed.
          For example the latest version (.74) is from september and the latest read me is from july.
          Not good. ???

Comment

Originally posted by Pixero
            Glad to hear a new bug fix version is on the way.
            May I add that it would be nice to have a read me for every release that tells whats beeing fixed.
            For example the latest version (.74) is from september and the latest read me is from july.
            Not good. ???
            Ditto.
            And previously the download area displayed the version number, but not any more.
            Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Working...
            X