Anti-aliasing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-aliasing Problem

I have anti-aliasing problem with some of my edges of objects when I render in my view port resolution, or bigger then 800x600. In 800x600 the edges are smooth
    Any idea?

Re: Anti-aliasing Problem

I have never had that problem with the original or the SR1 release. I often render over 800x600, around 3000px width for presentation images.

Can you post some images showing the problems?
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

This it's good

This it's bad

I have different resolution, that's all

Comment

Is that by any chance a rectangular light behind the window? I've seen this kind of aliasing when a lightsource is too bright.
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

I just put the same image
          It is possible to be the light, I noticed that in other areas where the light it's kinda' strong. Thanks for reply!
          PS-No rect. lights sketchup sun

Comment

Your issue has nothing to do with resolution, and in fact, there is very good antialiasing along those window mullions. The problem is that the very bright object/background behind the window is causing the AA result to be a value brigher than white, and therefore display as jagged. Basically, the AA calculation is trying to blend the mullion value, which has a value of about .6 float, with the background value, which may be at 1.8 float. The blended value winds up being 1.2 float ( (1.8+.6)/2 ) which is beyond white. So even though its blended very well, our computer monitors can't display that particular color information.

The best solution at this point is to enable Clamp Output and SubPixel Mapping...both in the Color Mapping rollout.
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thanks Damien, I'll do that.
              Thomthom, thanks to you to!

Comment

Working...
              X