Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had any success with RPtreemaker & V-ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had any success with RPtreemaker & V-ray?

I download this plugin and Im not having any like using the trees with vray. I tried using transparancy mapping with these textures (i tried using both trans. maps but I couldnt get any results with either) and they still wouldnt work right in v-ray. Anyone think they could get these working? Cause im not having any luck. Any help is greatley appreciated.

-Steelers05

Re: Has anyone had any success with RPtreemaker & V-ray?

what's not working right?
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

I never used RPTreemaker before so I've no idea if there's an easier way to get the alpha mask out, but I saved the RPTreemaker PNG, opened it in Photoshop, right-clicked the layer thumbnail>>select pixels>>create new channel>>filled selection with white>>invert>>save as same name with CLIP suffix. Then loaded the clipmap in VfSU's texture editor and it rendered fine. I can't imagine why the above diffuse and clip map files wouldn't work for you Steeler.

SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

I think the problem was the version of vray that i was using because I did the exact same steps on the newer and older version and I finally got it to work onthe newer one. Thanks though for the help

Comment

Working...
        X