Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Vray Update

Hey,

Can anyone tell me what the latest update for Vray is, I am currently using VRayForSketchUp_01.00.74.exe

Also on the download page there is a seperate version for sketchup 7
    whats the story with that, thanks...

zzzSPUDzzz ???

Re: Latest Vray Update

The Latest Vray that I am aware of is versions SR 1.05.30

The reason for Sketchup 6 or 7, is because you either have 6 or 7

Comment

Thanks Sheldon............

So if you have sketchUp 6 & 7 does that mean you can install Vray to both versions or can you only install it once???

Comment

I know when Sketchup 7 was released there was some issues installing it on both 6 and 7 at the same time. Im not too sure if this has been resolved yet, but I would just pick 1 or the other.

Which ever sketchup you like using best, install it there.

Comment

The separate installer for SU 7 relieves any issue with having V-Ray installed concurrently on both SU 6 and 7. It is recommended to upgrade to 1.05.30, but if you want to keep SU6 at an earlier version and just install the newer one on SU 7 you can certainly do that. Keep in mind that files made in the latest version will most likely NOT open up in the earlier version. So you can move files/visopts/vismats from the earlier version to the latest one, but not the other way around.

There is no way to get V-Ray to work on both SU 6 and 7 without installing 1.05.30 on SU 7. When installing on SU 7 make sure you have the SU7 specific installer.
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

thanks for the help................

Comment

i'm using vfsu 1.05.30 academic. I just downloaded it in an attempt to make renders larger than 1600 pixels. i'm still unable to increase my render out put. does anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

Comment

so i'm hoping someone can help me out here. i've been running vray academic 1.00.73 with SU6. I also haVe SU7 installed w/o vray. This is all on my intel mac book pro. I need to do some relatively large renders. 6000 pixels wide. I read on these forums that some of the older academic versions cap out at 1600 pixels and that is what i'm finding.

I just downloaded the newest build for both versions of SU. I first try and install VFSU 1.05.30 on SU7. It will install - then midway through, I get an error saying:

'could not access network locatoin <SKP_PATH>'

The installation continues, but then upon completion SU7 loses my license information and I can't open it. Needless to say VFSU doesn't work.

I also install 1.05.30 on my SU6 (without vray installed for SU7) using the v6 installer. AGain, SU6 loses my license information, but is able to run while all the while saying 'license unavailable.' Vray works, but I still cant render beyond 1600 pixels.

can anyone help me resolve this?

thanks!

Comment

The VfSU7 installer should find the SU path automatically, but I'm not 100% sure what happens when it doesn't. I would recommend reinstalling SU7 to make sure that the registry key with the SU7 install path is properly created. If you're using Vista be very careful to make sure that you have the privileges to install and run the installer as an administrator.
                  Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
                  X