Projection Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projection Screen

I am working on a model for a conference room and would like to show an image projected on the screen. What would be the best way to go about this, making it look projected and slightly illuminated.

I have an image on the SU face with an emissive setting, still dosnt look correct.
    Thanks!
    - Doweth!

Re: Projection Screen

To be completely honest I really don't like emissive layers...they wind up leading to very flat results and they just rub me the wrong way.

Anyway, I did this a while ago for someone who was looking for this in Rhino. I set up more of a projector system rather than a material. There was a point light inside of a box and a opening with a refractive object there. The refractive object had a material that had the image applied to the refraction color and affect shadows enabled. That allowed it to be "projected" to the surface.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Is that doable in VRay for SU? Sounds a little outside of its realm. I am going to try it out and see what happens. I tweaked the emissive thing and it looks ok, maybe good enough, but I would like it to look better. Thanks for your reply dalomar.
      - Doweth!

Comment

Yea...here's my original post. I thought the image was posted there with it, but I can't see it so here it is again.

http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?It...27560#msg27560

Edit: Link updated for new forum
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

I kind of got it to work, but not really. The image barely shows up, when I mess with the lighting it completly goes away. I will keep messing with it. Any other input would be awsome. Thanks.
          - Doweth!

Comment

Working...
          X