Arroway textures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arroway textures?

Can someone help me with the values on the reflection maps on arroway textures?

On their site they say :
    # s050: "The specularity map; the recommended strength is 50%."
    # (g025) "Instead of a map, you may specify a fixed glossiness value of 25%."

So if I just want to use the second option and I have a material with g100 I just add a reflection layer which by default has Highlight Glossiness and Reflection Glossiness 1?

but what happens when the value is g025?

also what about the specular map? where do I load that? On the Maps at the reflection? or somewhere inside the reflection layer options?

Thanx in advance

Re: Arroway textures?

I had the same question as you last week regarding Arroway Textures and Im pretty sure I found something in the Sketchucation Forums...did you look there?

Comment

It's explained in the Arroway FAQ: http://www.arroway-textures.com/en/faq/14#14n310
      Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Originally posted by thomthom
        It's explained in the Arroway FAQ: http://www.arroway-textures.com/en/faq/14#14n310
        That explains what everything means, but it doesn't explain where to load the specularity map. I don't recall seeing a place for the specularity map in the Vray Options or Material Editor. If we have a specularity map, how exactly do we apply it to a material in VfSU?
        I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
        SketchUp 8.0.11752
        Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
        Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
        8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Comment

sorry im new and im italian my inglish is basic ,but i cant know what meen is that:

Some examples:

d100: "This is the diffuse color map of the texture; to be used at full channel effect strength"
          b030: "This is the bump map; the recommended strength is 30%."
          s050: "The specularity map; the recommended strength is 50%."
          (g025) "Instead of a map, you may specify a fixed glossiness value of 25%."
          p010: "The displacement map; real-world relief depth is 10mm.

what value mean 30% and where i should put this value.
          i want to have a real texture in my scene and when i applied the texture on my component it will be too small is it colegate to this parameters???pls help me thx ???

Comment

Working...
          X