Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverting Back to VRay 1.05.30?

Hi guys.

I know this may sound like blasphemy to some, but I was wondering if it's still possible for me to revert back to the older version of Vray (v1.05.30).

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about all of the new features that this newest version (v1.48.56) has to offer, but the bugs on this new version is killing my work progress.

I have to create a 1-minute video rendering for a group of clients by the end of the week. Because this new version of VRay is having an issue with both the DR Spawner and alpha transparency, it now takes over an hour to render each frame when it took only 6-7 minutes on the older version.

I think in this case, it's best for me to stick with the older version until the bugs on the newer version are fixed.

When I downloaded the newer version, it didn't delete the older version. I heard that we have to delete it manually, but when I found out about the bugs on the new version, I decided to hang on to the old version just in case those bugs would affect my work progress. (Unfortunately, they did.)

If I unistall the new version, will I be able to use v1.05.30 again? Has anyone tried this?
    I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
    SketchUp 8.0.11752
    Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
    8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Re: Reverting Back to VRay 1.05.30?

At home I have 1.05.30 installed with SU7 - and the new 1.48.66 installed with SU6. Side by side.
    That was my setup during the beta. I exported my SU7 projects as version 6 files - and set up the render in SU6.
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

You might need to reinstall the old 1.05.30, but you should still be able to use it. If you have any problems, let us know.
      Best regards,
      Devin Kendig
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Can 1.05.30 still be obtained from ASGVis' site?
        In case users wants to revert back but does not have the old installation file.
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

No
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I have my cd with the previous version of vray on it....will i be able to install this on a version of SU6 and have it working with my license? Because I have to access old projects that are now un-renderable in the new version of vray. And does anyone happen to have access to or know where I could find an install for that latest version of SU6? I hope we find a solution to this problem, because that will really hurt a lot of the projects I previously worked on and are still ongoing.

Comment

At home I have 1.05.30 installed with SU7 and 1.48.66 installed with SU6.

For SU6: http://sketchup.google.com/gsu6/download.html

Comment

thanks thomthom...ill try that

Comment

does anyone have the most recent install file of vray before the newest version came out?

Comment

I hate to correct Devin (alright I lied I love correcting Devin)::Correction:: Technically Devin is still right, the links are not on the site. Still alive is what I meant but that is not the same thing. I am working on putting them back up, but to be fair I am working on a lot.
                    Here a a bunch of working links to 1.05.30

V.6
                    Commercial
                    http://software.asgvis.com/dmdocumen...p_01.05.30.exe
                    Academic
                    http://software.asgvis.com/dmdocumen...c_01.05.30.exe

V.7
                    Commercial
                    http://software.asgvis.com/dmdocumen...7_01.05.30.exe
                    Academic
                    http://software.asgvis.com/dmdocumen...c_01.05.30.exe

Comment

I just uninstalle the 1.48 and installed the 1.05, it works well.

Comment

I had previously installed the new release and now am reverting back to 1.05.30 also. I am now running into an issue with DR Spawner. I only updated my computer with the new release and haven't been using the distributed rendering portion. So....all my spawners are the original 1.05.30 release. I uninstalled the new version from my pc and installed 1.05.30. Good to go....right.... Now when I try to do a distributed render only the spawner that is started first will pick up and render....the rest sit there with the two lines that read: Starting DR session from 10.0.0.20 Recieving DR session from 10.0.0.20 Then the spawner window just sits there....only the first spawner that was started will go thru the whole rendering process. What am I missing?

Comment

DCROSSSVPA - It's possible that there might be some files lingering around from the new installer I suppose. You might want to uninstall one more time, ensure that all of the ASGvis related files are removed (aside from your license), and then do an install again with 1.05.30. I see you joined up for the beta, that's another way to solve your DR woes, we just got some reports that the latest build has DR working properly again
                          Best regards,
                          Devin Kendig
                          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Do I need to do anything on my pc as far as the uninstall goes besides just going to "add and remove programs"? Do I need to manually go into the registry and remove any entries? Where is the license info stored so I can be sure to leave that alone?

I'm trying to get setup for some rendering early next week and I thought all was well....now I'm getting worried. ???

Comment

Well....I uninstalled from my PC and I can still only get one spawner to actually render. The rest just sit there at receiving and then ultimately crash out. What gives? Has anyone run into this before? I have the MS Firewall shut off on all machines on our network so I know that isn't the issue. Could it be some instance of the spawner running somewhere else on our network? I'm not sure that could be the case since I am the only one using Vray in our office. I'm really pretty much out of ideas at this point. I don't want to run the new version for my renderings with deadlines since I had so many problems with it last time I tried to use it. Crap....I really need to get these renderings done....yesterday of course....It takes forever with only one slave running.

Comment

Working...
                              X