Sun and shading, too dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun and shading, too dark

I am having an issue where the shadows are coming out too dark.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5...tive150dpi.jpg

the left shadow on the overhang appears lighter than on the right side of the building....

Also, I want it lighter because when I print the image, its coming out too dark.
    I changed the sky multiplier lower, but then the grey of the building starts to get too dark. Turbtidy is 2 and size multiplier is 12. sky multiplier is 1-1.2. I cant figure it out. I want to lightened up the shadow but keep the colors of the building.

Re: Sun and shading, too dark

Marcos

As usual, I am sure there are a number of ways of solving your dark shadows. My 'fix' would be to set up a large reflector, out of view, to reflect sunlight into the shadows.

David
    Sketchup 2015
    Vray version 2.00
    www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

okay thanks, I added a rectangular light. But I was not sure if there was another way through the settings. But this way works fine.

Comment

Actually there is an easier way.
        First understand that the shadow comes from that pillar roofing are lighter than the shadows from the whole building because more light bouncing of the ground and hitting the small shadow. This is how GI works and it's the same in real world.

I f you want to lighter the shadows, fake light can work but it will take more rendering time and if you have a large scene it's even complicated more.
        So I would suggest you to go to Color mapping and increase the dark multiplier. This will brighten globally all Dark/shadow areas in your scene.
        www.Top3Dstudio.com
        SU 8
        VfS 1.48.89
        Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Working...
        X