Scene "spots" problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scene "spots" problem

Hi guys, any idea what settings I need to change to get rid of these spots? Scene is lit by a HDRI environment.

Re: Scene "spots" problem

It helps if you take a screen shot of your render settings. We need to know what your using.

Comment

Of course, sorry. Here are my render settings.

Comment

I might trying increasing the subdivisions of the materials that are causing the problems. Also....are you using an HDRI? If so, check this thread. http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?topic=6191.0

Comment

aclark, yes Im using an HDRI and if you look I actually started that old thread, lol!
          So I guess they never sorted the problem out for the new rollout of this version of vray, unless someone can see something wrong with my settings.

Comment

What kind of HDRI map do you use. A lightprobe or a regular environment HDRI?
            When using HDRI for lighting it's best to reduce the size of the HDRI image and blur it quite a bit. If not, then you'll quite likely end up with lots of artefacts.
            Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Its an evironment HDRI, commercially sold by "hyperfocal". I have reduced the size of the hdri to practically nothing and also blurred it.
              Not sure if using someone elses HDRIs would solve this or not as I dont have any others.

Comment

Ok problem sorted for now, thanks guys topic can be closed.

Comment

How was it sorted?
                  Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Oops sorry, I was broken away from my computer when I was typing that last reply for some reason I thought I'd mentioned it. I took the HDRI lighting file into photoshop and applied yet another gaussian blur to it (4 pixels was enough) and now it works fine.
                    The actual file size of the lighting is tiny now! But I am happy with the results. Just out of interest thomthom could you cast your eye over my settings and see if anything you would do differently I would appreciate it when you have time.

Comment

Settings looks ok.
                      Do you have an octa-core? Asking because I saw you had 8 LC passes.

Comment

Hi guys, i had a similar problem with spots

I used sunlight with Evermotion hdri. Sometimes appear one or more lightinig spots (very brilliant). Is this because my hdri? Specially when i use refracted glass

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by thomthom
                          Settings looks ok.
                          Do you have an octa-core? Asking because I saw you had 8 LC passes.
                          I have an i7 which uses 8 threads. Hoping to get one of the newer ones with 12 threads soon.

Comment

I was wondering if really each thread uses the 2.6 Ghz(or whatever you bought) ?
                            so with i7 you get 2.6 Ghz x 8
                            Whereas quad uses 2.6 x4

Right?
                            www.Top3Dstudio.com
                            SU 8
                            VfS 1.48.89
                            Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by arturmf
                              Hi guys, i had a similar problem with spots

I used sunlight with Evermotion hdri. Sometimes appear one or more lightinig spots (very brilliant). Is this because my hdri? Specially when i use refracted glass

Best regards
                              As mentioned earlier in the thread, HDRI for light sources needs to be reduced significantly in size and blurred.

Comment

Working...
                              X