Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scene "spots" problem

Originally posted by 40th
    I was wondering if really each thread uses the 2.6 Ghz(or whatever you bought) ?
    so with i7 you get 2.6 Ghz x 8
    Whereas quad uses 2.6 x4

Right?
    Yes thats right, and the new i7980x has 12 usable threads, very nice but pricey!

Comment

Thats a LOT of power for one machine
      www.Top3Dstudio.com
      SU 8
      VfS 1.48.89
      Win 7 64-bit

Comment

There's a group in Texas called Boxx. I bought a machince last year that is the i7-965 quad core (8 virtual cores which equals 8 buckets when rendering). The i7-965 is the one you can overclock and Boxx overclocks this 3.20GHz CPU to 4.0 in the factory and warranties it. It requires a pretty good power supply and liquid cooling but you can barely hear it when it's rendering.

It's a beast, I love my compy. Call it a bump, but I would definitely recommend these guys for anyone looking for a render machine.

http://boxxtech.com/
        http://wworks.carbonmade.com

Comment

They are nice machines Omega, but I built my own same spec machine for less than they sell them for by sourcing the components myself.

Comment

will asgvis plan to render using gpu's? or will they continue using cpu for rendering?
            I also built my own spec. though it is only core i5 hehe

Comment

ASGVis doesn't make the V-Ray render engine. Just the plugin that connects SU or Rhino to V-Ray. Chaosgroup are the ones making V-Ray and the SDK that ASGVis use.
              Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Working...
              X