Clear All

Re: FUR PLUGIN FOR SKETCHUP

thom thom is correct.
    http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com/
    http://www.sketchupvrayresources.blogspot.com/
    http://www.nomeradonaart.blogspot.com/

Comment

can some admin delete this topic for me thanks.
      www.jackscabana.co.uk

Comment

Why remove the topic?
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

you said its not good that i am sharing this here so remove it then.
          www.jackscabana.co.uk

Comment

Uploading someone else's files is not good. But the thread itself it fine. robert111 in the second post, posted the link to the SCF thread where one can find the plugin.

What I'm saying is:
            Share the link, but not the file.
            Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

is anyone know using this plug in is better or using vray grass replacement is better?

Comment

That plugin creates massive amounts of geometry. My answer to your question is: It depends.

If you render a scene that's more like a macro shot, then I'd use the fur plugin.

But if it's for an architectural exterior I would not use it. There's be more polygons in the grass than in the rest of the model. Photoshopping in the grass would then be better. You'd get much faster results.

It's all about scale. Don't add details that is going to end up as less than a pixel from the point where you camera is when you render.

Comment

Hi,
                  This is my first post here in ASGVIS, but I've posted something in other forums. personally , I like a lot the fur plugin, it gives better results than displacement, but as THOMTHOM said, it depends on the scale. this is a test render using SU fur plugin:

PS: No postproduction

Greetings!

Comment

Ugh, yea. I've never seen displaced grass that would not been better had it been done in post instead.

Comment

hey felipe, nice image. tips on the water? it looks great!
                      -Intel Core i7-930-<br />-12GB DDR3 SDRAM-<br />-ATI Radeon HD5970-<br />-1TB Hard Drive-

Comment

Thanks a lot for your comments.. About the water, there are some few steps to follow:

1 - Create a surface, paint it white and create a gruop with it.
                        2 - Go to the material editor and turn the material completely transparent.
                        3 - Depending on the vray version you have, you may turn your sketchup material into a VrayLinkedMtl or if its a recent version, you can skip this step.
                        4 - In Vray Material Editor, check bump, and click "M" for bump properties and choose noise as the type of bump, increase the multiplier to 2 and have some fun with noise parameters (here I give you some: Amplitude 2, Amp.Ratio 2, Frequency 0.4, Freq. Ratio 0.5, Persistance 1.1, Octaves 3, Size 3.5, Bias 0, Mix Ratio 0.5).
                        5 - Water Index of Refraction IOR is 1.33, so, in the Refraction parameters enter this value. To control the transparency of water, modify the transparency color in refraction parameters. try Lum:140
                        6 - In reflection parameters, click the M next to reflection color and choose Lum:40 for refract color. This is for controlling water reflection. Lum: clear=more reflection.
                        7 - Feel free of changing water color changing sketchup color of the material.
                        (thank you Ibon, this is taken from your tutorial)

I'm sure you may know some of the previous steps, maybe all of them, but this is the way I learned to do it; I tried to make it clearer enough for you. Sorry if I didn't post some images about the process, but there is not sketchup in the laptop I'm writing this.

Comment

Working...
                        X