Comping VFB Layers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comping VFB Layers

I am trying to comp a render using the various channels saved out from VFB. I have read a dozen tutorials on this method using MAX, but when I try to comp my layers out from VfSU, it does not get me to what my RGB pass looks like. I have attached a graphic from another site that I used as a reference. Is there a color mapping setting or VFB setting I need to use to get this to work?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fig05.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	876956
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

Hi Matthew!

I do not understand your question, can you be more specific, please?

the RGB pass it is usually what we understand/see as final render, the others can be modified in the "VFB Channels" configurations.
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 975 Extreme Edit. 3.33GHz / 6.4GT/s 8Mb box / Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UDS / Asus GForce GTX275HDMI 896DD3 (12Gb) / Windows 7- 64bit / Sketchup 2013 / V-Ray

Comment

There is a method where you take your diffuse pass and along with the GI, Lighting, Reflection, Specular, and Self Illumination passes, can combine them together in Photoshop layering so you get the same exact result as the RGB pass. The reason why you would do this is total 100% flexibility to edit the passes and have more power in finalizing your final image. If you go to 4:00 on this video, you will see what I mean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Sf22jgJbQ
      Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

I followed the Comp A method in the video with a test and this is what I get. The comp does not match the RGB pass at all. Maybe this method will not work with V4SU. This is what I am wondering.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Comp A.jpg
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	846372Click image for larger version

Name:	TestRGB.jpg
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	846373
        Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

humm, ok! about the "RGB pass", i unaware completely!

Thanks a lot Valero
          Last edited by ACastro; 19-11-2012, 03:21 PM.
          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 975 Extreme Edit. 3.33GHz / 6.4GT/s 8Mb box / Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UDS / Asus GForce GTX275HDMI 896DD3 (12Gb) / Windows 7- 64bit / Sketchup 2013 / V-Ray

Comment

I'm not totally sure if I am doing this correctly. Maybe it only works using LWF and EXR exports. I will give that a try also.
            Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Working...
            X