Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY FUR FOR THE NEXT VERSION!!!!

Hi,

I try all the methods in Vray available for Vray for sketchup to create a decent grass and I am still disappointed when I can see the grass made with fur, I hope they came out with this option in Vray for sketchup. This is the missing part in a great exterior render in sketchup. We have to fake all this aspect from one way or another in PS.

That is my wish.

Please do not answer that the quantity of nodes in the sketchup, bla bla bla...Get to work and do the job. If you can fix this you will be the only one for sketchup. Now they have a very competitive renders in the market like vray for sketchup, you should lead and dictate the way to go!!!!!

;D
    The best that I can do is keep learning, and the Renderings are just a small step to get real.
    THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FICTION AND REALITY IS WHEN FICTION HAS TO BE CREDIBLE
    http://WWW.URBANGROUPUSA.COM

Re: VRAY FUR FOR THE NEXT VERSION!!!!

Request for V-Ray fur is fair enough, but can you please edit your topic title so it is not all in UPPER CASE? There's no need to shout.

Originally posted by kelper
    Please do not answer that the quantity of nodes in the sketchup, bla bla bla...Get to work and do the job.
    Not looking to make any friends amongst VfSU's developers are you? :-\

I can't speak for ASGvis, but the thing is there are very very good reasons why many advanced features of V-Ray aren't supported in VfSU and 99.9% of them come down to SU's considerable limitations, not ASGvis's inability or unwillingness to program. Requests like V-Ray fur, etc may as well be addressed directly to Google tech support in terms of "Please rewrite SketchUp from the ground up so that it's more stable, supports plugins properly, can handle high-poly geometry and has PROPER UV mapping capabilities". Until SU can UV map properly, UV dependant features like displacement, fur and normal mapping are always going to be buggy at best and impossible at worst.
    SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

Here here!

...why is it that sketchup cant handle 'high' polys? It just grounds to a halt where other programes wouldnt even bat an eye lid - seems to be completly system independent too - seems you could have big blue running this thing and it would still grind to a halt when you create anything with more than 1k polys...

D

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson
        Request for V-Ray fur is fair enough, but can you please edit your topic title so it is not all in UPPER CASE? There's no need to shout.
        Woman loses her job for using capital letters :P

It would definitely be nice if VfSU could use Vray Fur, but currently it's not possible so stop complaining and find alternative methods. Using VFB Channels can allow you to split different materials so that you can easily add a grass image on Photoshop or other photo editing software. You could also try clipmapped grass. Try this link.

There's almost always more than one method to achieving a particular result. The point of the forums isn't to rant and try and force developers to do something - it's to find questions and answers and if your question hasn't been asked, you ask... not demand. Try and read up on the forums and you'll see that your question has already been asked and answered.

Comment

Kelper, the grass you made for your tutorial looks ok to me. In fact with a bit of processing in photoshop after your render I think it would look great.
          The fact of the matter is sketchups limitations is what is bounding ASGVis hands Im afraid.

Comment

Working...
          X