proxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proxy

I'd like to have proxy or instances mode for faster processing of the file......

Re: proxy

This is the missing link for me.

Comment

I would like to have proxy too. This is something we're definitely going to include in the future.

Comment

10000x ;D

fpedrogo....that would be BRILLIANT

Comment

This is something we're definitely going to include in the future.
          Nahh! get out of here!! ;D are you serious? Cause if its true ill stop learning 3d max and vray for max...and i mean it

Comment

yeah, at some point we want it in there. There are a couple issues that are in the way of us adding proxies, and it is a feature addition, not a bug fix, so it does have lower priority... but it is on the list of features we need to add in the future.
            Best regards,
            Devin Kendig
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

lol, 3ds max is a must for me, i am still in training, to be there with the big boys is a dream for me but if sketchup was to every have its vray with proxies that would be an immense improvement

Comment

yeah the whole point of rewriting our plugin, was to make it faster and more efficient to fix bugs and add new features. We still have a few bugs to iron out, but we're pretty running pretty solid these days. So once we get all the kinks out, we will start adding new features and bringing the product closer to the level that V-Ray for 3D Studio Max or Maya is at (well... at least as close as SketchUp will let us ). We are working on bringing the rewritten plugin over to Rhino right now, and it's currently in beta. Once it gets released, and both products have the same plugin core, we will be able to migrate changes back and forth between the products, add new features, and fix bugs easier.
                Best regards,
                Devin Kendig
                Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by dkendig
                  yeah the whole point of rewriting our plugin, was to make it faster and more efficient to fix bugs and add new features. We still have a few bugs to iron out, but we're pretty running pretty solid these days. So once we get all the kinks out, we will start adding new features and bringing the product closer to the level that V-Ray for 3D Studio Max or Maya is at (well... at least as close as SketchUp will let us ). We are working on bringing the rewritten plugin over to Rhino right now, and it's currently in beta. Once it gets released, and both products have the same plugin core, we will be able to migrate changes back and forth between the products, add new features, and fix bugs easier.
                  Thanks so much. Cheers for the info
                  Nice to know whats going on. Ive been seriously looking at 3d max and Vray for quite some time. Main reason is the use of proxy. But its a massive investment in time and money. Would be wonderful to skip this process and stick with SU and Vray, if this was implemented in the not to distant future. (back at ya)

Comment

please please. lots of people are now shifting with indigo because of this proxy thing. beside max has vray proxy and now asgvis is with chaos group i hope this will expedite. go go go.
                    http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.sketchupvrayresources.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.nomeradonaart.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's a bit tricky to get proxies to work in SketchUp. They are on the list of features to add once the plugin is complete and stable on both the Rhino and SketchUp host apps. We will try our best to add proxies, and hopefully SketchUp won't put up too much of a fight
                      Best regards,
                      Devin Kendig
                      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

hopefully SketchUp won't put up too much of a fight
                        hehe, looks its a hard request ;D Sketchup team needs to take serious the best render engine that works in skp wich is vray, i wish they can work togheter with you guys :'( But i have read that the skp team goal is more focus on modelling for all than rendering like pros hehe :-\ funny but sad, with all the potencial skp has, they can improve so much the software to make it more compatible with render engines...but seems thats not their mission. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by fpedrogo
                          I would like to have proxy too. This is something we're definitely going to include in the future.
                          LIKE X 1,000,000,000,000 !!

Proxies are like dream of mine for sketchup :
                          It's one of Vray's main key features ...

I really believe that after all the hard and impressive work you guys at ASGvis/US CG have done on vfs, there's nothing that can stand in your way!
                          ;D
                          www.Top3Dstudio.com
                          SU 8
                          VfS 1.48.89
                          Win 7 64-bit

Comment

'like'

yey for proxy! in the near future

Comment

Back to proxy.. I have posted this feature artists in my blog. http://sketchupvrayresources.blogspo...quimosing.html. He is now using multi-scatter and Vraymax. I love to see his work together with the relaism of planting and grass. but all its possible only because of proxy. I have only have two things with vray.. 1. proxy support and 2. perhaps to consider having a stand alone rendere so that it would not follow the inability of sketchup in handling huge polygon. something like what THEA renderer has done.
                              http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com/
                              http://www.sketchupvrayresources.blogspot.com/
                              http://www.nomeradonaart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X