Dear Santa...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Santa...

Please bring me a new version of Vray for SketchUp this Christmas. Also, I would like
    Relighting
    Proxies
    RT Rendering
    A New UI that makes scene and material set-ups a breeze, like the new Maxwell plug-in
    2 pt perspectives
    HDRI Sky Dome
    A bullet proof DR Spawner
    link a diffuse map to the bump (similar Maxwell)
    Save material properties to the file, so it can be brought in as a component
    No more photo match bugs
    To be continued....
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

+ Motiva Colimo Support
    + Interactive HDRI setup (similar to Thea)
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

1) Please a DR Spawner that works day in day out...
      2) A license that allows us to use Vray on two different machines (but only one at a time) ie. My home iMac with the free sketchUp and my office Win/PC with pro.
      3) Easy / Advanced interface/setup (we use sketchUp not MAX for a reason).
      4) 'use color texture as transparency' ticked as default, when you use a PNG with transparency.
      5) A standalone version, so we can render large 75mb+ SketchUp models (use more RAM / 64bit. is that even possible?)

And, that's just off the top of my head.

Thanks

Comment

Material preview thumbs in the browser
        VRay Fur
        The ability to use emmitter materials to light a scene without splotches
        Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

volumetric lighting effects
          faster parsing
          reset region render on/off when open a new file (gets me every time)
          A more detailed manual explaining each setting specific to SU interface
          Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Originally posted by ValeroStudio View Post
            volumetric lighting effects
            +1 !!!!

would love to see that too.

Comment

Since it will take ages till we see a new Vray for Sketchup, it is good to share our wishes.
              I very much agree on 'material presets, visually with thumbnails'. It would improve workflow a lot.

Since it is 'incubation' time for the VforSU team while they work on Rhino, I hope the team can have a look to what the other render engines have been doing in terms of development for Sketchup.
              The Maxwell plugin has improved a lot ,a lot: The Fire (real time preview within SU) is fabulous. Material assignment is sweet, as well as environment (light) set up etc....
              Also, the Indigo for Sketchup GUI, have a look at that.... Especially their 'material presets' window is blizz!
              Just assigning a preset material and take your material from there.
              It sounds fairly easy to implement....preset glass material, shiny plastic, dull plastic, sss material,water etc....

I expect nothing less than a perfect Vray-for-Sketchup plugin when it comes out .
              For the prize we pay for it, honestly, we deserve a practical and (almost) bug free render engine.

Happy New Year,

Comment

Originally posted by kwistenbiebel1 View Post
                I expect nothing less than a perfect Vray-for-Sketchup plugin when it comes out .
                For the prize we pay for it, honestly, we deserve a practical and (almost) bug free render engine.
                Sounds like we have the same goal in mind, we will do our best to meet your expectations.
                Best regards,
                Devin Kendig
                Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Pause a render
                  stop / close / continue a render
                  Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

bring back the render history please, pretty please...

Comment

Material preview thumbs in Windows!
                      Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Faster Parsing would be great. Maxwell parsing is insane. Takes seconds.
                        Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Pack Scene like Thea.. Skethup file and all texture and settings all in one folder. Btw I like the 1.49.01 pack material... easy for sharing..
                          http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com/
                          http://www.sketchupvrayresources.blogspot.com/
                          http://www.nomeradonaart.blogspot.com/

Comment

V-Ray remembers camera and output settings per Scene in SU. That way you can have a "test" tab that has low settings and then a production tab with high settings. Also, would allow you to have multiple cameras with different f stop and shutter settings. Not sure how this would affect animation though.
                            Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Would be nice to have a Fresnel checkbox. Since its used so commonly, having to add the Fresnel tex is a pain when setting up a bunch of SU materials. Maybe it makes sense that as a default, when you add a reflection layer, instead of it just being set to white (full reflection) you have it setup to some common setting like a Fresnel reflection with IOR 1.5. I spend a lot of time just adding basic reflections to my SU materials. All things in the world reflect and most stuff around us is plastic, so why not setup the reflection layer to default to this setting?
                              Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Working...
                              X